Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Category.Full_Name not updating

Quote Reply
Category.Full_Name not updating
Hi there Smile,

I have a huge category table with a lot of categories and deep levels. The levels vary from 2 to 7. The thing is, a category with quite a bit of sub-categories in it, was not at the right place, so I moved it to the correct category using the Admin panels. That was about two weeks ago. Today I implemented a feature that utilizes the Full_Name field of the Category Table, and while I was testing it, the categories ,which I moved two weeks ago, still has the same Full_Name value in them, instead of the updated Full_Name.

for example, lets say I have "Africa" as a category, and inside "Africa" there is a category named "Maldives". That would mean that the Full_Name value of "Maldives" should be "Africa/Maldives", and all its sub-categories' Full_Names should have "Africa/Maldives/XXXX" as a Full_Name value.

Now, "Maldives" is actually supposed to be under "Asia". So I move "Maldives" using the Admin panels to "Asia". The Full_Name of the moved categories should be something like "Asia/Maldives/XXXX". But it isn't. It never updated and is still "Africa/Maldives/XXXX" even though it is moved to Asia.

How should I go about to fix this?

Ezfrag

Sacrifice is not about what you lose,
it is about what you gain in the process.
Quote Reply
Re: [EZFrag] Category.Full_Name not updating In reply to
Have you tried running 'Repair Tables' under 'Database' in the admin?
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] Category.Full_Name not updating In reply to
Mm, not sure that would work. On the off chance, a "Reapir Category Tree" may have some success (although I've never looked into that code, so not sure if repairing Full_Name is something it does)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Category.Full_Name not updating In reply to
I did run "Repair tables". It didn't seem to make a difference.
As for "Repair Cat Tree".... I'm too scared to run it... really... it freaks me out for some reason...

I did some more testing around this problem, and found that it didn't have any effect on the overall performance or functionality of the site. I'll just have to find another way to clean this up.

Thank you ^_^

Sacrifice is not about what you lose,
it is about what you gain in the process.