Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Can category listings be divided with headings like this...

Quote Reply
Can category listings be divided with headings like this...
I would like to have my category page laid out like this...

CATEGORY TITLE

Type of Resource

Link

Link

Type of Resource

Link

Link

Another Type of Resource

Link

Link

I have given my links a "what" field with the type of resource that it is, but since the links are called by <%links%> I cannot get them to be grouped together under one heading.

I have tried calling links like

<%if what eq 'type1%>
Type 1<br>
<%links%>
<%endif>
<%if what eq 'type2%>
Type 2<br>
<%links%>
<%endif>

but what I end up with is all the links still separate with their own little heading like

Type 1
Link

Type 2
Link

Type 1
Link

...etc.

Any ideas on how to get what I need? I thought maybe another type of <%links%> global would work so that I could display Type 1<%links_type1%>, Type2 <%links_type2%>, etc. but I was hoping to do this without any programming (which I don't know how to do).

Let me just say I am amazed at the capabilities of Links SQL these days. I started using Links way back when 2.0 was all there was, and I didn't expect much. However, I know there has to be a way to make this work. Any help would be appreciated. :)

(I'm sorry... I double-posted, but it only got 8 views in the other forum, and I couldn't edit the subject line or delete.. This forum may be more appropriate since it is more technical.)
Quote Reply
Re: [AtoZ] Can category listings be divided with headings like this... In reply to
One last try..... anyone?