Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Can USER be validated by EDITOR or ADMIN?

Quote Reply
Can USER be validated by EDITOR or ADMIN?
Greetings,
Can a regular user be validated by an editor or an adminstrator before he/she (the user) receives his/her validation code? Can it be done? This way I can control who is allowed to add/modify/even view my directory as my directory is a restricted access directory.

Thank you
Mark
Quote Reply
Re: [Mark2] Can USER be validated by EDITOR or ADMIN? In reply to
Just log into your admin panel, and then view the profile of the user. You can set their status from there.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Can USER be validated by EDITOR or ADMIN? In reply to
This would be too late. As the user already got the email validation code, so they can just enter it and they are able to search and view records .. which I really do not want them to do.
What I am looking for is to allow the editor or the adminstrator to validate the user, and once the editor/adminstrato validate the new user, THEN the email will be sent to them with the validation code. So basically, the user can not do anything; eventhough, they had registored, unless the editor or admin validate them first.

Thank you again.