Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Builds and rebuilds
Hi everyone,
want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Now back to business... :)

I have a static directory. Which gets rebuilt fully every 2 hours for the only reason of reordering category pages.
Changes to detailed pages isnt that much. Problem is that the build process is a long one (5 + mins) and by hosting guys are begining to notice since its a process that rund for a long time. The load is not the problem, just how long it takes to run it.

So, is there a way to have a cron job rebuild the index and category pages only? Leaving the detailed pages as is?

Thanks

Juan Carlos
Quote Reply
Re: [Gorospe] Builds and rebuilds In reply to
Have you tried to use Build changed instead of full rebuild?

This will rebuild only changed pages since last rebuild

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [eupos] Builds and rebuilds In reply to
Build changed breaks the random build links in categories and pagination of the categories.
But yeahy tried that.
This random buid plugin was written by Andy several years ago. maybe there is a better way to do it now?

Thanks for the idea eupos.
Quote Reply
Oh, I see.

In that case, only Andy can help you.

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Gorospe wrote:
Build changed breaks the random build links in categories and pagination of the categories.
But yeahy tried that.
This random buid plugin was written by Andy several years ago. maybe there is a better way to do it now?

Thanks for the idea eupos.

Hi,

Which plugin is it that you're using? I think I have a couple of plugins that do that kinda stuff :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Builds and rebuilds In reply to
Build_Random

Im guessing that having a copy of the build script that would just build the index and categories would do it.
Then maybe once a day run the full build... ¿?
Wouldnt that do it?

Thanks

Quote Reply
Aaah ok - I think that was a custom plugin then? (I can't find it anywhere on my PC). If you wanna send over FTP access I'll do a tweak to it for you, which should let you run "Build Changed" fine :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Builds and rebuilds In reply to
send. Thanks