Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

PageBuilder Plugin

(Page 4 of 10)
> > > >
Quote Reply
Re: [jgkiefer] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Thanks for the feedback.

What kind of information would you like to see in the documentation? You can just ask your question at the forum here, and I'll try to answer it.

(Thanks for the generous offer, but server storage space is not a problem, my host has plenty of it!)

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Well I don’t want to be critical of GT, but these forums have grown so much that finding updated information is sometimes very confusing. (Don’t get me wrong; GT has probably the most complete resource library, in these forums, that has ever been compiled by humans… hmmm, well most of them are anyway. Wink )

Your plugin is capable of so much that a list of functions as well as setup and syntax would be very helpful. I am confused with the static vs. dynamic setup, along with the correct url’s to call the pages. It would be, IMOP, very nice to have all the docs in one place and expand on the how to’s more.

Anyway, just a suggestion. I am sure I will get the hang of it after a little trial n error. Maybe I am making it harder that it is, I dono. But then again I have the tendency of making things complicated when they are in reality very simple. Crazy
Quote Reply
I agree with you that the forums here are big, and it's sometimes hard to find precisely the thing you want. But you can always just ask, somebody might know.

If you want to display a pagebuilder page dynamically, use the following type of URL:

page.cgi?page=page_name

where 'page_name' is the unique name of the page (page name).

For building the same page statically, you have to enter the 'build directory' and 'build filename' of that page in the page definition.

Here it is also important to know that you can set the 'pagebuilder root directory' in the plugin options. This is the root directory for pagebuilder pages, and the 'build directory' you enter in a page definition is relative to that 'root directory'. (If you leave the option for the 'pagebuilder root directory' empty, then the plugin will take the 'links build root directory' as its root directory).

For example if you have

pagebuilder root directory => /home/domains/mydomain.com/www
build directory => foo
build filename => bar.html

then a page will be built at

/home/domains/mydomain.com/www/foo/bar.html.

Does that make sense?

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Yes, thank you!
Quote Reply
Includes problem.

Error: Can't load included file:

How do I use PageBuilder to include included files from the LSQL default template set? There must be a special includes tag. ?? Unsure
Quote Reply
try <%include template_name.html%>

If it resides somewhere else than in the default - you would need full path..

Ex:
<%include /home/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/templates/yahoo/name.html%>

Klaus

http://www.ameinfo.com
Quote Reply
Re: [klauslovgreen] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
I am having a hard time with this. Nothing seems to work for calling the includes file from the default template directory. Here is where I'm at:

I am trying to use PB to create a dynamic directory help page. So far I have tried -
Using simple, build no = can't find includes (looks in the PageBuilder template directory)
Using the other page options, build no = finds includes but sends error No page identification specified

It would seem that the quickest, simplest option would be to put a copy of my includes into the PB template directory until I get this sorted out?

In summery: I would like to build a dynamic that is not necessarly associated with categories, links, users, reviews, etc., just displaying text, and the ability to use default includes, (although access to DB tags would be helpful) is seems there is no way to do this without having a copy of the includes in the PageBuilder template directory.

Assuming that the correct way to do this is using "simple", either I am doing something wrong or there is a bug in the plugin? Frown
(I would bet it's the first)
Quote Reply
Yes, you should build a 'simple' page for this.

The plugin should be able to find all your includes in the default template directory. Can you make sure that in your PageBuilder template directory there exists a file called .tplinfo (note the leading dot), and that it contains
Code:
{ inheritance => '../default' }
where 'default' is the name of your default template directory (you may need to change it to something else.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
That did it! The wrong template set was defined in .tplinfo.

BTW - Wonderful plugin, it's "all that" and then some... Smile
Quote Reply
Building File Name In reply to
I want to build some ststic pages. I noticed that when just adding the page name in the Build Filename field it just builds the file name without a file extension, i.e. pagename instead og pagename.html, however if I add a file extension to the page name in this field it builds the page with the specified file extension, i.e. adding .html builds pagename.html, adding .shtml builds pagename.shtml. This is really cool as I want some shtml pages. Will specifing a file extension (html, shtml, php) in the Build Filename field adversly effect Pagebuilder in ways not apparent (like in dynamic mode). I am hoping that this is okay as this is a very good feature.

Is there a way to link to PageBuilder pages so the page will be available in static AND dynamic mode?
Quote Reply
Re: [jgkiefer] Building File Name In reply to
You can choose any filename extension you like. Since the build filename is only used for building static pages, it will not have any negative effects on dynamic mode.

One (clumsy) way to link to a pagebuilder page both in dynamic and static mode is the following:
Code:
<a href="<%if d%>page.cgi?page=page_name<%else%>build_filename.html<%endif%>">PageBuilder Page</a>

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
HI Yogi,

Have you seen any issues as of yet with 2.1.2 and Community?

Can PageBuilder be used to create forms?

Thanks!

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
Hi

> Have you seen any issues as of yet with 2.1.2 and Community?

The plugin works fine. There was a minor bug with Links SQL 2.1.2, which has been fixed, and I have not come across any strange behaviour in conjunction with Community.

> Can PageBuilder be used to create forms?

I don't understand. Could you explain more?

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Thanks Ivan. That is good news.

About the forms, It looks as if I am going to be in a bad position (having to create numerous forms) within LinksSQL. This position is based upon a need for numerous, isolated forms for registration purposes for many different products and services. I was told that I would need to create a plugin potentially for each seperate registration form.

This is where my question comes in for PageBuilder. As I understand it I can create any type page with PageBuilder. The real trick it seems is having it work with a newly created form and having that form interact with LinksSQL.

I guess where this leads me is to ask if it is possible to create a "FormBuilder" as an add on to PageBuilder that will allow us the ability to create a form/add responses to a form/and track a form.

THis may be a seperate plugin or an extreme change in this one but I wanted your opinion as the plugins that you build are really rock solid.

Thanks in advance,

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
The plugin can build HTML pages, so I can also build forms!

You can of course hard-code the forms on a PageBuilder page, but that's probably not what you want.

Do you want to generate the forms on the fly?

What script would get called as the response to a sent form?

I guess this should be a separate plugin. Contact me in a month or so, if you still need it by then.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Hi Yogi,

Thanks for the input. I think you are right.

I will send you some info seperate from the PageBuilder thread as to not go off topic here.

Thanks again!

Brian
Quote Reply
Ivan,

Simple pages work great when buidling them, however review tags do not seem to work in a Review type page. standard tags work fine, but review specific tags like

<%loop Review_Loop%>

do not seem to work. WHat could be wrong? in the template generated file it says yiu can use review tags in a review page, then why is not working?
Quote Reply
Re: [jaltuve] PageBuilder Plugin In reply to
A 'review' type page is basically one page per review. Therefore, the 'Review_Loop' tag would not make sense on such a page. What I say you can use review tags in a review page, I mean all fields that are in the 'Review' table (to see which fields are in the table, go to 'Database->Reviews->Properties").

The 'Review_Loop' tag is available on a 'link' type page, though.

Does that make sense?

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Got it, tested it and it worked. So, I can not use that loop tag then? any hack suggestion? I would like to create an index page (static) to link the reviews, how I'm supposed to do it without looping?
Quote Reply
What kind of reviews would you like to have on that static page?

- all reviews of one link?
- something else?

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
All reviews by ReviewID. You pagebuilder program builds specific pages for all my reviews (by ReviewID) What I would like is to link to those pages. Thats why I need the review index page by ReviewID.

Thanks for what you can do.
Quote Reply
Hi Ivan, any news on how to do it?
Quote Reply
You can use the following global get_review_list to get a list of all reviews (with the corresponding link details):
Code:
sub {
return { review_list => $DB->table('Links','Reviews')->select( { Review_Validated => 'Yes' })->fetchall_hashref };
}
On your template, you would call
Code:
<%get_review_list%>
<%loop review_list%>
[ your html here ]
<%endloop%>

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Hi yogi, question:

Can I build multiple pages (using the page toolbar) with the small numbers e.g page << 1 2 >> for pages build with pagebuilder? for example, I would like to just show 10 reviews per page. how Do I do that?
Quote Reply
Ivan,

Can pagebuilder allow me to span multiple pages when building static pages? is this something possible or a custom modification is required?

For a specific proyect I need pagebuilder to create pages with x records per page, where x is the same variable Links SQL uses for spaning multiple pages
when building. I desperately need to accomplish this, but don't know how. can you or anyone else please help me?

Thanks,
> > > >