Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Auth Vbulletin plugin questions

Quote Reply
Auth Vbulletin plugin questions
Hi,

I'm looking into making use of this plugin and want to make sure I understand what it will do exactly and also want to ask an additional question about it.

Does it allow new Glinks users to register via vBulletin?
And will vBulletin users be auto loggin as Glinks users as well?

Also, I've read through the forum a bit about this plugin and did come across some talk about some issues with this plugin using static pages, but dynamic pages seemingly working fine? Can anyone give me some insight as to whether this is an issue?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [somedevil] Auth Vbulletin plugin questions In reply to
Does it allow new Glinks users to register via vBulletin? Yes they can only register through vbulletin
And will vBulletin users be auto loggin as Glinks users as well? Yes
issues with this plugin using static pages? Yes as static pages use javascript to show whether logged in or not, I simpily use SSI to include a php script ( http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...?post=294977;#294977 ) to show whether logged in or not, that script is a bit rough but you will get the idea.
Quote Reply
Re: [garrynz] Auth Vbulletin plugin questions In reply to
Thanks for the reply Garry...

To confirm, does this plug-in integrate GLinks and vBulletin in a way that vBulletin users can access GLinks and when GLinks users need to login or new people need to register, then they are taken to the vBulletin register page and returned to the GLinks home page after authentication?
Quote Reply
http://www.itraveluk.co.uk/ l:gossamer p:gossamer my forum isn't active yet but it can be found at /forum/ all the articles are run by links as well and are static pages.
Quote Reply
Thanks again Garry.

I've installed the plug in, but am getting the following error message when trying to login on the glinks page of my site, using a vbulletin user account that was logged in on my forum:

'this account has not yet been validated'.
Quote Reply
You need to use the vb login form, open login.html in your tempate directory and replace the form with the vb login form.
Quote Reply
You can also do something like this at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...?post=291684;#291684 to redirect users once logged in, I don't use it as I have the form on the actual page.
Quote Reply
Garry, again, thank you! With the plugin installed, logging in from the vB forum and moving to gLinks pages works fine. I can see that users who are registered in the forum can move in the gLinks area (their records are created in the gLinks database). What is not working or understood is what happens to existing gLinks user records, will they have to re-register using the forum registration form, or should the plug-in have imported the gLinks user records into the vBulletin database? Because I checked the two databases and the gLinks user records are not currently existing in the forum database.
Quote Reply
Unfortunately current glinks users will have to re-register through vbulletin.