Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Am I doing something wrong?

Quote Reply
Am I doing something wrong?
This relates to the "Number of Links" and the "Direct Links" in the "Category" DB.

GL Version 3.1.0.
Links are NOT auto-validated.
I have assigned myself as "Editor" of the category to which I'm about to add a link.

Here's the scenario:

As an editor, I add a link, choosing a category to which I am assigned as an Editor. In the form, the URL: field contains http://www.stratics.com. The link is added to the "Links" DB correctly. Nothing is changed in the chosen category record in the "Category" DB.

Using the Editor Panel (browser.cgi), I select the above Category and, sure-nuff, the new link shows up with a "validate" choice which is what I select.

I validate the new link. I receive the email indicating that the link has been approved.

The new link in the "Links" DB is updated properly to indicate it's now validated.

The category record in the "Category" DB has it's "Number of Links" field increased by one and the "Direct Links" field is not increased; it remains as it was.

Next, using the Editor Panel (browser.cgi), I select the Category and the new link shows as expected. Now I choose "Delete". I reply "Yes" to the confirmation screen.

The link is deleted from the "Links" DB as expected.

The category record in the "Category" DB has it's "Number of Links" field decreased by one and the "Direct Links" field is also decreased by one. Note, The "Direct Links" field was not increased when the link was validated but it is decreased when the link is subsequently deleted.

In a similar scenario to the above:

During the "Validate" session, instead of validating the link, I delete it. I receive the rejection email.

The link is deleted from the "Links" DB as expected.

The category record in the "Category" DB has it's "Number of Links" field decreased by one and the "Direct Links" field is also decreased by one. Note, neither of these fields have ever been increased by the addition of the "non-auto validated" link. Therefore, neither field should be decreased.

Is there a fix for this or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Roger
Guild Forums Administrator
teresk@stratics.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Teresk] Am I doing something wrong? In reply to
Do you have both of the Incorrect Category Count fixes for 3.1.0 installed (see the update system)?

Adrian