Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Adding paypal forms into add.cgi

Quote Reply
Adding paypal forms into add.cgi
I have added a custom field in the links database which shows membership level.
  • Normal
  • Silver (Placed above Normal links)
  • Gold (placed above silver links)

I got this all working and can even have it showing on the add.cgi page. So the user gets to choice which membership type they want.

But what I want to do is to charge for silver and gold. So anyone who selects the normal on add.cgi gets the standard success page produced by links.

But for silver and gold I would like for it to go to paypal for payment processing and then finish on the standard success page.

Could anyone explain how this could be done if at all possible. Thank you for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: [musicdis] Adding paypal forms into add.cgi In reply to
Hi,

There are many ways to do this. The simpliest is to save your current add_success.html template as add_success_normal.html. Then in your add_success.html just has something like this

<%if PMType eq 'normal'%><%include add_success.html%><%else%><%incluce add_sucess_paypal.html%>

Of course, you must add an additional template called add_success_paypal.html

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] Adding paypal forms into add.cgi In reply to
Thanks for your reply.

What I am wanting to do is if the visitor choices normal on the add.html page then it goes directly to add_success.html without any problem.

But if the visitor selects silver or gold, then as soon as they click on the submit button it takes them to paypal for payment. And to finish it when they finish at paypal it takes them back to the add_success.html page again. The add_success.html page does not need to be different for any of the membership levels.

I am aware that the if statement, may be the best to use but how can the data be stored when going to paypal and then back to the add_success.html page and yet display all the correct information?
Quote Reply
Hi musicdis

Are you using the lastest release as this has the payment [ paypal ] option built in.

Regards

minesite
Quote Reply
Re: [minesite] Adding paypal forms into add.cgi In reply to
It does.

I am using version 2.1.2. Obviously not then. Where do I download the latest version?
I have lost my original e-mail with the links and codes etc, due to computer fail about 6 months ago. But my e-mail address should be registered with Gossamer.
Quote Reply
Contact GT support direct.

Regards

minesite