Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Add-Spider Possible Bug?
I'm getting some reports about the add-spider plugin not doing anything when feting a URL to parse. Having tested this several time, it does indeed skip the occasional address with just the spider add page reappearing again (no errors, just the add page again).

Although not a big issue, perhaps you can check your codes when you next update again.

Thanks.

~ ERASER

Free JavaScripts @ Insight Eye
Quote Reply
Re: [Eraser] Add-Spider Possible Bug? In reply to
Do you have a url handy that causes it to do that?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Add-Spider Possible Bug? In reply to
It's not subject to any particular URL, all entries causes the plugin to skip but as I said, it's only intermittent. Out of about 20 attempts on a single URL for testing, 5 are skipped with the add-spider page just reloading again.

~ ERASER

Last edited by:

Eraser: Mar 18, 2002, 2:40 AM
Quote Reply
>>
Out of about 20 attempts on a single URL for testing, 5 are skipped with the add-spider page just reloading again.
<<

Hehe you meanie it was 3 before :)

I've just tried myself and can't seem to replicate it. I tried 20 times and it worked everytime Unsure
Quote Reply
Well, it was 5 I just remembered Tongue

I'll keep an eye on the problem to see if this continues and report back here latter.

~ ERASER

Quote Reply
Ok thanks.
Quote Reply
Hi,

When you get really intermitent problems like that, 99% of the time it's due to something with mod_perl. First thing I'd do is stop and start the mod_perl server, to make sure everything has the latest code loaded. Then if you still have a problem, try tail -f the error log and see if you can reproduce (with debug turned off or it will be just too much information).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
I fixed the problem.

Adding a <input type="hidden" name="add" value="1"> within the <form> tag in add_spider.html now makes it work everytime without failures.

~ ERASER

Last edited by:

Eraser: Mar 19, 2002, 4:22 AM