Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Ad Cycle Category Targetting

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: Ad Cycle Category Targetting In reply to
Hi,

An important step not well outlined is you must tell the AdCycle plugin, which group you have setup for keyword targetting. You can do this in Plugins->Plugin Manager->AdCycle->Edit, and set:

"This is the Adcycle group that will be used for the keyword targetting. "

to the id number of your keywords group. In your case that would be 9. We've updated the plugin to 2.7 which includes some expanded help.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Alex,

Thanks. I'll take a look.

Mark G.

Quote Reply
Alex,

I upgraded to version 2.7 of the Adcycle plugin and followed the directions 'by the book.' I'm still getting the little dot on the search results page. If you click on the dot it does go to the appropriate link and gets recorded properly (impressions and click-thrus in the Adcycle Admin area) - but I can't get the text ad to display its proper size - 100% wide x 40 pixels high (similar to a Google text-based sponsor ad).

The other thing is when I type in any keyword when doing a search the "dot" (same ad) appears. I thought the ad is only supposed to appear when typing in only the "targeted keyword(s)??"

Please help - I'm getting frustrated!!

Thanks.

Mark G.
OhioBiz

Quote Reply
Hi,

The problem is the plugin doesn't support text link banners, you must use images. We are looking at revamping this so it does support this.

We will also have a new version up today which has Adcycle 1.16.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Alex,

Thanks for the info. Do you know what type of type frame for plugin support for text-based banners?

Have a nice weekend!

Mark G.
OhioBiz

> >