Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[ Update ] Add_RandImage v1.5

Quote Reply
[ Update ] Add_RandImage v1.5

Add_RandImage v1.5

Price: $25 - << BUY >>
Links SQL Version Required: 2.1

This new version will support the 'GD' library, as well as Image::Magick. I added GD support, because a lot of people seemed to not be able to support Image::Magick (mainly server restrictions).

My new plugin basically enables you to place an image on the 'add' page. When people submit a link, they must first enter an 8 character long randomly generated string. I've made it so that it doesn't matter with the format (the image may say G R d R e e T u, but they could quite happily enter: GRdReeTu (i.e spaces are not important, it is only the string/case order that is)

The URL to more details on this plugin is:

http://new.linkssql.net/...p;page=Add_RandImage

A demo can be found at: http://www.linkssql.net/...bin/test/add.cgi?d=1

This plugin has been tested on mod_perl and non-mod_perl servers.

With the Image::Magick generation, you can use several effects. I have tried to make this plugin as customizable as possible. You can change the color of the font, border and background. There is also an option to turn 'on' and 'off' a couple of the effects.

With the GD version, there is no customization options I'm afraid. You can simply create an image with random text in it. This still works as well as the Image::Magick method, but its just not as pretty Sly

Well, please have a look around my site. I am literally in the process of putting the demo links up on my site.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [ Update ] Add_RandImage v1.5 In reply to
This is a great feature. Thanks, Andy Smile

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] [ Update ] Add_RandImage v1.5 In reply to
Slight bug fix, where it wouldn't install correctly on some UNIX servers (problem with the mkdir() code). Updates available from the download area...

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

Andy: Aug 25, 2003, 12:56 AM
Quote Reply
Version 1.6.1 is now out. This fixes a bug whereas the modify PRE hook didn't seem to exist, thus not creating the session ID correctly (used for verification).

The fix can be downloaded from the members area here: http://new.linkssql.net/page.php?page=account

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
It certainly works well now - trust me on that... I might add to that, a very well worthwhile investment in the plug-in, keeps the 'spammers' out.

Guess who was the guinea pig...

Well done Andy..

Last edited by:

Gypsypup: Nov 20, 2003, 4:54 AM