Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[ UPDATE ] Recommend_It v2.0

Quote Reply
[ UPDATE ] Recommend_It v2.0
I had a request from a client to put a few extra features into the Recommend_It plugin, originally written by Pugdog. I decided it would probably be easier to re-write the whole thing, as both pugdog and myself have quite different coding styles :)

The main features are;

+ Template based
+ Basic stats on people being refered (IP/date/name/email/sender details)
+ You can pass pretty much anything into the plugin via hidden values, or form input fields (i.e a user defined subject, message, etc)
+ Ability to send in plain or HTML format (2 different mailing templates)
+ Option to 'purge' all stats that have been saved previously (instead of manually having to clean out the table).
+ You can decide if the visitors need to be logged in before they can recommend a link (recommended setting is 'yes', otherwise people may abuse the service).

You can find the new version attached (I'll be updating the file that you can download from your admin panel pretty soon too).

Enjoy!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [ UPDATE ] Recommend_It v2.0 In reply to
Good work andy!

What about the txt version of the email though. Having this end in .html can be a bit confusing when updating files and also plays havoc when editing this in windows. Cant we have this end is .txt ?

--------------------------------
Privacy Software
Quote Reply
Re: [BLOOD] [ UPDATE ] Recommend_It v2.0 In reply to
>>>Good work andy! <<<

Thanks Cool

>>>Cant we have this end is .txt ? <<<

Originally I did have it named recommend_email.html and recommend_email.txt, but I came across some problems with Links::SiteHTML::display, as it wouldn't pass all the variables/tags into the template correctly :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [ UPDATE ] Recommend_It v2.0 In reply to
The Recommend_It plugin (auth PUGDOG) that I've download (haven't installed yet) is at v2.2.2 already.

Does this new plugin of the same name replace that one?
Quote Reply
Re: [Karen] [ UPDATE ] Recommend_It v2.0 In reply to
Yeah, 2.0 is the newest version. You can get rid of the old one. I didn't realise Pugdog had got that high on his version numbers...lol.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk