Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[ UPDATE ] Data_Import v2.0

Quote Reply
[ UPDATE ] Data_Import v2.0
Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the release of Data_Import v2.0. This version has had a pretty major makeover, not to mention several new features, and speed improvments.

Full details / purchase URL can be found here

Plugin Description

Enables you to import links from pretty much any flatfile database (pipe, comma or tab delimited). Great power, with loads of cool options, such as duplicate checking, assigning a different category to all imported links, the option to decide which SQL fields match up with which flat file database fields, and more.

An example of how to import affiliate feeds into LinksSQL via Data_Import can be found here: HERE

Plugin Requirements:

LinksSQL 2.2.x + / Gossamer Links 3.x +

Features:
  • CSS based, with easier to use interface.
  • Javascript checks, to make sure basic fields are completed etc.
  • Duplicate checking (general/same category/none)
  • Put into 4 stages, so timeouts shouldn't occur
  • Has been tested with 10,000+ links in one go.
  • Ability to choose 'default' fields (i.e Hits=0,Votes=1)
  • You can pass in data that is in pretty much any order. With our advanced 'field ordering' system, you decide which field matches up to which (i.e source data, and SQL destination field).
  • Default category option (define a category to put all links in, instead of trying to work out which one they need to go into, according to the data)
  • If you want to put them in the category that is held in your import data; then you can simply assign the 'field number' of the category. i.e if it was the 2nd option from the left, then you would choose '2'.
  • More...
If you have any questions, please don't hestiate to ask.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [ UPDATE ] Data_Import v2.0 In reply to
Hi,

Just had a feature request. You can now either:

1) Select a "default category" based on an ID number (if you know it)
2) ..or click a link, and a dropdown list will be shown - so you just look for the category you want to set as the default.

This version (2.1) is now available from our Members Area.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

Andy: Apr 16, 2007, 5:12 AM