Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[ NEW PLUGIN ] UserProfiles v1

Quote Reply
[ NEW PLUGIN ] UserProfiles v1
Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the release of our latest plugin, UserProfiles. The details are as follows:

NB: This plugin is part of both the "ULTRA" and "ULTRA PRO" Packages

Price: $30 [ details ]

Plugin Description

This plugin lets you link to a .cgi script (or /profiles/USERNAME), so people can view the LinkOwners "profile". On this page, you can display any of the information from your glinks_Users table. For example, <%Username%>, <%Status%>, and also <%Number_of_Links%> (ie how many links this users owns, that are "active"). It also gives you the option of showing these links (limited to 100, to save on resources, if the user has a lot of links =)), and link to them. I would imagine this being of quite a bit of use on Classifieds sites (i.e "show other products by this user", or anyone who just wants to show the links someone has submitted, and link to them.

Plugin Requirements

• Gossamer Links 3.0.0+
  • User_Edit_Profile (optional, as it will let your users edit their profile)

Features

• Show a "LinkOwners" profile
  • Show the number of links they have (view <%user_Number_of_Links%>)
  • Show their links on their profile page (only shows 100 on the page, in case they have hundreds of thousands of links =))

Demo:

I've setup a demo on our site (with our template set- the plugin comes ready to work with the luna template set) : http://www.ultranerds.com/profile/admin This is using mod_rewrite. You could also call it via viewprofile.cgi?user=xxxx

As always, if you have any questions - please don't hesitate to ask (here, or via email/PM)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [ NEW PLUGIN ] UserProfiles v1 In reply to
Hi Andy,
nice idea,
but it would be better, when the userprofiles and the user guestbook are part of gcommunity?
What a pity, that there are these plugin problems with gcommunity Crazy

Matthias

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] [ NEW PLUGIN ] UserProfiles v1 In reply to
Hi,

Matthias70 wrote:
Hi Andy,
nice idea,
but it would be better, when the userprofiles and the user guestbook are part of gcommunity?
What a pity, that there are these plugin problems with gcommunity Crazy

Matthias

I may do a "port" of this plugin for GComm.

The one I posted above, was asked for specifically for GLinks - so I had to make it work on GLinks, not GComm =)

I'll see what I can do (just finishing off my AdSenseShare plugin for GForum =))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [ NEW PLUGIN ] UserProfiles v1 In reply to
Hi Andy,
I have seen I good idea on Ivan Hergers yoga site.
He is using the glinks user table for private informations and the gforum profile for public informations. So he links from glinks to gforum profile to display a user profle.

That's a good and easy idea. Now I only need gforum 2.0 Angelic

Matthias

Matthias
gpaed.de