Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[ NEW PLUGIN ] SuggestChanges v1

Quote Reply
[ NEW PLUGIN ] SuggestChanges v1
Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the release of SuggestChanges, version 1.

The details of this plugin are as follows:

Plugin page: http://www.ultranerds.com/...SuggestChanges_L211/

Description

This plugin lets your users suggest updates to listings. This is ideal for sites that work on a "Wiki" style. For example, a DVD review site - where you have information such as Director, Actors, Year made - etc. If one of these fields is missing some data, then someone can suggest an update to it - and then once validated (or rejected) from the admin panel, it will be made available on the listing.

Also part of the following "packages";

• LinksSQL ULTRA Package [ view ]
  • LinksSQL ULTRA Package PRO [ view ]
  • LinksSQL User Package [ view ]

PRICE: $40

Plugin Requirements

Gossamer Links 3.0.0+

Features

• Will work with the following field types:
    RADIO
    TEXT
    TEXTAREA
    CHECKBOX
    SELECT
  • Automatically grabs the values, and formats appropriately.
  • You can show the link details on the templates (i.e "<Title%>")
  • Requires user to be logged in, before they can suggest an update (easily turned off, in case you don't want them to have to be logged in)
  • CAPTCHA image, to stop people from abusing the system - and inundating you with suggestions [or spam]
  • Won't let someone submit the same change twice.

Screenshots are available on the product page (here)

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

Andy: Nov 22, 2007, 3:50 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [ NEW PLUGIN ] SuggestChanges v1 In reply to
Suggestion:

Instead of or in addition to suggest a change, can this be made so another user can suggest a different information/answer for the same topic (especially the description field). For example, if links were setup to be used as a wiki then the first person will write a paragraph or information regarding the topic/link and then another user might have a different version. If that is possible, then the ability of this could be further extended so each version/answer could be rated by other users/visitors and based on the rating, future users can see which user/version is more credible or provided better information for the link.
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] [ NEW PLUGIN ] SuggestChanges v1 In reply to
Hi,

Mmm.. I'm not sure :/

That would require a new field for each of the "answers", so would make the database very messy :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Erm, ever heard of relational databases?

You create a new table for the answers and link them to the record in the other table.
Quote Reply
Got the plugin running, and it's working out nicely. Thanks! I think this plugin adds the potential for a wiki'ish approach to things, where the quality of products descriptions and other info can easily be improved. It depends what you are using Glinks for, I guess, but for us it's a great asset!
Cheers,
Hans Jørgen
www.dicereviews.com
Quote Reply
Hi,

Version 1.1 is now out. This lets you "suggest" changes for more than one field. Hopefully should encourage people to suggest more than just one bit of information now :)

The new version is available from our Members Area.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

Just released a new version of this plugin. nothing major, just an Readme update (somehow, it was missing the stuff about how to actually call the .cgi script =))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk