[ NEW PLUGIN ] PasswordGenerator

Quote Reply
[ NEW PLUGIN ] PasswordGenerator

Plugin: PasswordGenerator

Version: 1.0

Type: Security

Price: US$10.00

About PasswordGenerator

The PasswordGenerator plugin enables you to quickly generate new random alphanumeric passwords for every registered user in your LinkSQL directory at the push of a button. It can also send users an email notice to inform them that their password has been updated. PasswordGenerator is a simple yet essential tool to enhance your site security.

The plugin was originally developed to solve a problem of new users not having passwords when upgrading from LinkSQL 1.X to 2.2.0. New user accounts were created but they didn't have passwords allocated.

How it Works

On install a new column called PasswordUpdates is added to the user table. PasswordGenerator uses the Yes/No value in this column when deciding if a users password should be updated. This setting can be adjusted by the administrator.

PasswordGenerator then looks to see if this user also has ReceiveMail = Yes in their profile. If Yes the user is emailed a notice to inform them that their password has been updated. The template for this email can be customised to your invididual requirements. This setting can be adjusted by the administrator.

By default the users new password is not included in the outgoing notice email for security reasons. Users are instructed to use the password reminder link on the login page to retreive their new password. You are able to add the password to the email by customising the template.

Now available in your LinkSQL plugin manager.

Can be purchased by following this link.

Note: Thanks to andy for your help! Smile

Regan

Last edited by:

ryel01: Jul 14, 2004, 2:49 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] [ NEW PLUGIN ] PasswordGenerator In reply to
Quote:
Note: Thanks to andy for your help!

Cool

Just a note to people. This is a *great* plugin. Definatly something I would put on my busy LinksSQL sites, as hackers try to get in pretty much all the time with existing users who don't change their password :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
SCRIPT UPDATE Version 1.1

Just a quick note to let everyone know I have made a few tweaks to the PasswordGenerator Plugin, and have uploaded the new version (v1.1) to the Plugins area. It's a free update for existing users and is now available for download.

Regan.
Quote Reply
Hi

I was wondering how does this sit with regards to a LinkSQL system that is running with GT Community ?

Thanks, John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] [ NEW PLUGIN ] PasswordGenerator In reply to
In Reply To:
I was wondering how does this sit with regards to a LinkSQL system that is running with GT Community ?

Good question!

The plugin currently only works with the users on a single linksql install - NOT using the community system.

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to make it work though. If I get some time I'll have a look at it - thanks for the suggestion!

Regan
Quote Reply
Well I hope you can get it to work and I'll be waiting to buy it to add a sound function to my set-up Wink.

John
Significant Media