Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[ NEW PLUGIN ] CategoryRate v1

Quote Reply
[ NEW PLUGIN ] CategoryRate v1
CategoryRate

This plugin will let your users rate a category (from 1 to 10). This is a great tool for promoting how highly (or lowly =)) people rate particular sections of your site [and also a good pointer to you, the site admin, so you can try and improve categories that have poor ratings]

PRICE: $50 [ more info ]

Plugin Description
This plugin will let your users rate a category (from 1 to 10). This is a great tool for promoting how highly (or lowly =)) people rate particular sections of your site [and also a good pointer to you, the site admin, so you can try and improve categories that have poor ratings]

Plugin Requirements

* GLinks 3.0.4+

Features

* You can decide if anyone needs to be logged in before they can rate a category
* Easy to use tag codes to put right into your templates (wherever you want), so the star rating images show.
* A user can only rate for a given category one time (works on an IP system, so if they log off the internet, and re-connect - they may be able to re-vote again, although its a bit of an extreme case, just to vote for a category :))
* Works with GCommunity.

Sample Screen Shots

Please see here.

For more details, please visit our site: http://www.ultranerds.com/...n/CategoryRate_L202/ . As always, if you have any question - please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [ NEW PLUGIN ] CategoryRate v1 In reply to
Hey Andy,

This is a pretty neat plugin. Any chance it can be set for ratings from 1-5 (instead of 1-10) I think the 1-5 star model has become the standard on most sites. Smile

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] [ NEW PLUGIN ] CategoryRate v1 In reply to
Hi,

I'll see what I can do :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] [ NEW PLUGIN ] CategoryRate v1 In reply to
Hi,

I've updated the plugin in the members area. It now use 1-5 ratings :) (well, it still uses 1-10 in the database, in case anyone actually wants to use the 1-10 model)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

Well, just want to continute help smashing bugs :)

CategoryRate plugin. In readme it says:

Do you want users to be logged in, before they can rate a category? (1 = yes, 0 = no)
UserRequired

You can get to this via Plugin Manager > CategoryRate > Edit.

But, there is no "Edit" option under "CategoryRate" plugin.

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [deadroot] [ NEW PLUGIN ] CategoryRate v1 In reply to
Hi,

Thanks =)

Thats actually more of a mis-reading .. what I mean by that, is you need to go to Plugins > Plugins Manager > Category Rate, and then click "Edit" next to the plugin =)

I've uploaded a new version, with an "Edit" link in the left frame, just to avoid any confusion :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Ups. My mistake. Sorry Blush

I've just using Error_jump_articles and also want to report that there is no edit on left menu. But now I know where to find it Wink

Regards.

UnReal Network

Last edited by:

deadroot: Feb 16, 2008, 4:43 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [deadroot] [ NEW PLUGIN ] CategoryRate v1 In reply to
Hi,

Quote:
Ups. My mistake. Sorry Blush

NP =)

Quote:
I''ve just using Error_jump_articles and also want to report that there is no edit on left menu. But now I know where to find it Wink

LOL - I thought you meant Error_Jump - but I just looked on our site, and sure enough I have a plugin called Error_Jump_Articles - I forgot I even wrote it :P

I don't really put "Setup", "Settings" or "Edit" on the left menu too much - as normally you just do it via Plugins > Plugin Manager > Plugin Name> Edit Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk