Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[UPDATE] Multiple File Attachment "MultiUp"

Quote Reply
[UPDATE] Multiple File Attachment "MultiUp"
I'm about ready to say it's a go with this. I'm finalizing some template issues, and tweaking some parameters, and making sure it installs,a nd at least presents itself properly out of the box. These are cosmetic things, as the guts all seem to be working. It's a matter of getting all the templates to talk with each other properly, get rid of unused tags, and mis-named tags (from all the false starts) and just clean it up in general.

Features:
1) Multiple files attached to a link.
2) Attachments can be auto-validated based on the "user_modify" parameter. (This will be expanded in a later release)
3) Files can be uploaded one at a time, with all information provided (from the add_success screen, or modify screens) or they can be uploaded as a group, and presented to the user to edit in the missing descriptions.
4) Attachments can be validated separately from the link, and each other.
5) Graphic attachments in GIF/JPG and a few other formats are checked for size, dimensions, and those values are entered into the database. Thumbnails can be automatically created.
6) most controls are in the templates, using <%loop%> and other tags, so that they can be customized without going into the code at all.
7) all attachments are in a table, and the table contains all the attributes of that attachment. Thse values can be searched, extracted, or used in many ways.
8) I just added an add_plugin_defaults field so you can override user input the same easy way you can in the Links.cfg with add_system_fields
9) much more. And more planned.

The plugin is designed to work with a logged in user. I have not tested it to work with non-logged in users (reliably). It should, by a later release, but "username" is used in some of the checks, so they will have to be bypassed elegantly -- this is always risky.

It should work with static pages, but the new files will not show up until the site is rebuilt, obviously.

Attachments will also have a "slot" (or order) value. It's rudimentary in this release, but it will allow you to pick where you want to put certain files, if you need to do some sorts of layout. Example: a catalog, where you want to attach 3 files to each link, in a standard layout. You'll be able to assign which file goes into which spot.

You can purchase this off my site, and I'll send it out to everyone who preorders as soon as I announce it here. That's the best way to make sure you get it. I probably will sleep for two days, so orders placed after the announcement will probably be delayed! :)

NOTE: Part of the delay, and reason for logged in users is that I'm security concious. It's not whether you are paranoid, but whether you are paranoid ENOUGH. I don't say the programs are perfect, but they do check as many things as they can, and try not to take _anything_ for granted, or to trust anything sent in by a form. That's why a logged in user is so important.

Once it's released, I'll be swatting bugs reported, but also taking requests for mods and/or features

PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ:http://LinkSQL.com/FAQ
Plugins:http://LinkSQL.com/plugin