Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
[UPDATE] Ace_News v2
This is more of a 'new' plugin, than an update... as it is a total rewrite of the original version.

This Plugin is intended to let people show select news articles on their site. The site administrator add's them in the admin panel, and then the admin can add special tags into their templates to show the last x articles. Also comes with a separate .cgi script that allows you to show the entire news articles entered into the database, and also view full articles. Version 2 also has the ability to assign 'editors', who can be given rights to add articles, categories, or both. This is all done from a separate admin panel, so there is no need to give out your main LinksSQL admin panel URL/login details! A full list of features can be found below.

Availability: Requires Purchasing
Price: $30 - << BUY >>
Links SQL Version Required: 2.1

Details: http://new.linkssql.net/...ee&page=Ace_News

Does several things;
  • news.cgi lets your visitors view all the news in your database currently listed (real-time)
  • Span pages.
  • User Search facility.
  • Categories can be used.
  • Full editor system.
  • Articles support HTML
  • 'teaser' and 'full' articles supported.
  • Images can be used for categories, and articles!
  • Advanced HTML editor in the editor system (real-time WYSIWYG editor).
  • Works in ALL templates....
  • and more!

[/url]Requirements;[/url][/url]
  • Links SQL 2.1.2+
  • Dynamic mode (i.e page.cgi), although static mode can also be used, it requires page rebuild whenever you want the news to be updated.
[/url]

Demo[/url]

Example Tag call in template: http://www.linkssql.net/cgi-bin/test/page.cgi?d=1 (in the left menu area)

Admin Panel: http://www.linkssql.net/cgi-bin/test/admin/admin.cgi (from top menu, goto: Plugins, and then look on the left menu for links related to the Ace_News plugin)

news.cgi example
http://www.linkssql.net/cgi-bin/test/news.cgi

news.cgi search example
http://www.linkssql.net/cgi-bin/test/news.cgi?a=search

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

Andy: Sep 19, 2003, 5:31 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [UPDATE] Ace_News v2 In reply to
Great job Andy!

Glad to see this update. I've been waiting a while for this. I love the new features. It will add some punch to my LSQL site.

CCUnet
my Christian web
Quote Reply
Re: [ccunet] [UPDATE] Ace_News v2 In reply to
Thanks Smile When I have finalised my Auto_Backup plugin, I'm gonna hopefully be able to find some free time, and add a few more features, such as Thumbnailing of images, editors restricted to specific categories/their own article, and more :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Version 2.0.2 is now out.

This new version fixes an installation bug, where particular versions of MySQL don't like the field names 'Full' and 'Date'. These have been changed to 'Full_Article' and 'Article_Date'. Templates have also been changed to reflext these changes.

The updated version is available from : http://new.linkssql.net/page.php?page=account

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,
I've buyed Ace_News v.2.0.2
and this is the errors:

from dynamic homepage:
Error: Unable to load module: Plugins::Ace_News. Reason:
Error: No subroutine 'Plugins::Ace_News::Show_Article' in 'Plugins/Ace_News.pm',
Can't locate Plugins.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/site/public_html/cgi-bin/admin /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at GT::Template::_call_func line 732.

From Import editors:
Invalid plugin function: Import_Editors at admin.cgi line 214.

From news.cgi:
Add Date:
Unknown Tag: 'Date'

Thanks in Advance
Bye From Italy

Last edited by:

fabio: Oct 22, 2003, 10:45 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [fabio] [UPDATE] Ace_News v2 In reply to
Sorry, thats a typo in the readme. It should be;

Plugins::Ace_News::Show_Adverts (note the 's' at the end of it).

>>>From Import editors:
Invalid plugin function: Import_Editors at admin.cgi line 214. <<<

Eugh.. that function still isn't gone? I'e removed it about 3 times.. and it keeps coming back to haunt me :( This function is not yet in the plugin, *but* it will be coming out soon.

>>>From news.cgi:
Add Date:
Unknown Tag: 'Date' <<<

Not definate on this one, but I'm pretty sure it should be <%date%>, and not <%Date%>.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
with:
<%Plugins::Ace_News::Show_Adverts('type','options','limit','searchfields','template')%>

it's the same error:
Error: Unable to load module: Plugins::Ace_News. Reason:
Error: No subroutine 'Plugins::Ace_News::Show_Adverts' in 'Plugins/Ace_News.pm',
Can't locate Plugins.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/site/public_html/cgi-bin/admin /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at GT::Template::_call_func line 732.

Thanks in Advance
Bye From Italy
Quote Reply
Another question,
I want add on home an Headlines News tell me how I can include thanks

Thanks in Advance
Bye From Italy
Quote Reply
I'm just about to leave the office now, but if you email over your LinksSQL admin details, I'll take a look for you tomorrow. I've been working 12 hours today.. and am totally worn out :(

Chers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Another question,
I want add on home an Headlines News tell me how I can include thanks

If you mean what I think you do, just point to http://www.site.com/cgi-bin/links/news.cgi (or where ever news.cgi is located).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,
I have a sort problem in
news.cgi?a=category&cat=cat_name

Can't see a sorting a all in categories. Where can I define the sort in news category?
I can not find it...

Thanks
Matthias

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] [UPDATE] Ace_News v2 In reply to
Hi,

Please try changing this line in news.cgi:

Code:
$table->select_options("LIMIT $limit,$per_page");
my $sth = $table->select( { Category => $cat } );

..to:

Code:
$table->select_options("LIMIT $limit,$per_page","ORDER BY Title");

If that works, let me know - and I'll get it fixed up =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

Code:
$table->select_options("LIMIT $limit,$per_page","ORDER BY Title");
causes this error:
Code:
Can't call method "fetchrow_hashref" on an undefined value at news.cgi line 124.

Matthias

Matthias
gpaed.de