Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[RELEASED] File Upload Plug-in 01.01.30

Quote Reply
[RELEASED] File Upload Plug-in 01.01.30
I guess it's good enough for general release. I'll fix bugs and problems as more people use them, and report them. I'm shifting most effort the the 02.xx.xx program now, integrating the full file management and graphics support in. There will be additional releases of this module as features are stabilized between the two versions. The goal is to make the upgrade path between all these mods simple.

You can purchase this mod (It's commercial) for $35, with free upgrades. Same basic licensing as Links, so you can use it in the same way. One license for each Links license, etc.

Right now, PayPal is best for us, and I'll mail you the plug-in as soon as I get the email. pugdog@pugdog.com is our ID there, obviously :) I think I have the links in the FAQ area.

I'll append the features, but I have it running on the FAQ, and it hasn't crashed it, (There's a template bug if you don't upload file, it shows a broken image, but that's just an <%if%> when I remember to fix it!)

The more people who use this, the faster new features and versions will come out, so if you've been waiting, now is the time.

Requirements: Links SQL 2.0.0 or greater, and Image::Size module installed.

Installation: Copy to your ../Plugins/Uninstalled directory, chmod to 777 and click "install" from the plugins menu. Asks a few simple questions about where to put the files, and what to call the database columns, and installs. Uninstall _DOES_NOT_ remove database columns or files, so upgrades and re-installs will work without a problem.

Features: Upload a logo graphic file (.gif, .jpg or .png) or a regular file to the system. Files can be limited by size, and by dimensions, or both. One file per link allowed. Modification of the file goes through the Admin if "Validation" is on, otherwise happens in real time if USER_DIRECT_MOD is on. There are other features, but I'm not a real sales person, so it will take awhile to list them in a "sales" pitch.

BTW: Upgrade to the next version (02.01.xx) will be the difference between the two, +$5, unless you purchase the Photo Manager program now, in which case all the updates are free as they are released. So, you really don't have to wait if you need it now. (I guess I could figure out a price for the 02.01.xx version, if people want it, and allow you to upgrade as it's released. I'm flexible!).

Thanks!

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://LinkSQL.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
Re: [RELEASED] File Upload Plug-in 01.01.30 In reply to
That's just great, I'm very excited about this!

For us newbies, can you post a link to or information about "Image::Size module"?

I just want to be organized before I make all my purchases :o)

--Bri

Quote Reply
It's available from CPAN. If you have a dedicated server, or the pseudo accounts where you have access to your perl/apache stuff, you can just run

perl -MCPAN -e shell

then enter

install Image::Size

ANd it will do it.

If not, you might have to do it manually, and point to the library. Your ISP may already have it loaded, as it's a good base module for a lot of other modules out there.

PUGDOGŪ

Quote Reply
You're a *darling* -- ta very much :o)

--Bri

Quote Reply
This plug in sounds just like what I need. I checked out your FAQ, and the plug-in I thought you were talking about is $25. You mentioned this one is $35, can you point me to a direct link where to get it?

thanks,

Bryan

Quote Reply
Hi,

I'll fix things up. Between the new releases and everything else, I'm not sleeping, and working my curly little tail off. There have been some changes, but I guess everyone's been wanting the full package. I'll tidy up the file upload stuff a bit and correct things.

The features sort of got upgraded as I realized a version too stripped down wouldn't work in the larger scheme of how I want people to be able to upgrade if they need/want to.

I'm kind of rambling... I'll fix it up after I get some sleep.

Thanks.

PUGDOGŪ

Quote Reply
Hi Pugdog :o)

I sent you a mail about my difficulties purchasing via pay pal. I do really want this, though, so check it out and please let me know when it's really ready to buy! (Err, now would be good....I have to take this live with this mod in 24 hours...erk...).

Yours, in anxious but happy anticipation,
--Bri

Quote Reply
I'm just running way behind. I've had to try to install new back up here, (running out of room on my local net) and the stuff didn't work. Have to try a different brand. I burnt out both my cdR drives, and the new ones didn't work.

PUGDOGŪ