Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[PLUGIN] Xtended Add.Modify.Delete plugin (XAMD) development news

Quote Reply
[PLUGIN] Xtended Add.Modify.Delete plugin (XAMD) development news
The development is still in early phase, so there is no admin interface to edit any plugin option, or to install the plugin itself. Currently there is no known release date.
You find here the list of those features which are already some way implemented into the plugin.

New features already added to Xtended A.M.D. plugin (XAMD) :
- Form input fields are generated automatically and are available through tags like: <%Contact_Name%>, or <%Password%>, etc... - implemented for add
- Fully changeable display format of individual error messages, through template: error_form_sub.html. The error messages are inserted through error_message tag - implemented for add
- Changeable individual error message delimiter. Default is "<br>". - implemented for add
- Fully changeable display format of the error table, through template: error_form.html. The error messages are inserted through error_list tag (originally I used the error_table tag, but I decided error_list tag is more descriptive. Please tell me, if you like error_table tag much better). - implemented for add
- Unselected text of select form can be changed in plugin (originally "---" was displayed if nothing is selected by default). Of course if there is a default value, the default value is selected.
- Error messages are displayable separately through template tags: <%Contact_Name_error%> or
<%Password_error%>, etc... - almost finished for add, already working
This way you can highlight the input fields where has not correct input this way:
<%if Password%><table border=5 bgcolor="red"><tr><td><%Password%></td></tr></table>
<%else%><%Password%><%endif%>

You can find a short summary about planned features of this plugin in this thread: Webmaster33's under development or planned plugins
An another related thread is here: How to highlight incorrectly filled form part?

Opinions, comments are always welcome.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Last edited by:

Ian: Aug 12, 2002, 8:22 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] [PLUGIN] Xtended Add.Modify.Delete plugin (XAMD) development news In reply to
New features added (plugin options):
- 'allow_multicat_submit' option: to enable or disable submitting a link to multiple category (add.cgi).
If it is Enabled, you can set the limit, to maximum how many categories you allow a link to be submitted.
If it is Disabled, only single downdrop category select will be displayed. It not just displays a single downdrop list, but has an anticheat system, which blocks to submit to multiple category. - implemented
- admin can set the limit to submit a link to maximum X categories using 'allow_multicat_submit' feature. - implemented
- 'category_select_list_size' option to set the size of multi-select list, if 'allow_multicat_submit' is enabled. This is useful, if your category list is growing, and you would like to change the height of your category list without the need to dig in LSQL code. - implemented
- 'form_add_tags' option to select, which form tags to allow to display (add.cgi). If a form tag is not allowed (disabled), then of course "Unknown Tag: ..." message is displayed. - implemented
- 'form_add_tag_no_unknown_tag' option avoids to get the "Unknown Tag:" text displayed (add.cgi), if a form tag is disabled in 'form_add_tags' option. - implemented

Improvements of current features in the plugin:
- 'form_unselected_text_default' option: if there is no unselected text added for a select form in 'form_unselected_texts' option, this default text will be displayed. No more '---' text, but your default set text. (originally "---" is displayed in LSQL, if nothing is selected by default).
- 'form_unselected_texts' option: Unselected text of select form can be changed in plugin.
E.g.: for Category list, you just set in the plugin: 'CatLinks.CategoryID' => 'Please select a category!', or if you have a country field: 'Country' => 'Select your country!'. It is so easy. You do not need to have the same '---' text for all forms anymore.
Improved, so now the unselected text is changeable for each select form, individually. - improved
Of course, if there is a default value, the default value is selected.

None of the features of XAMD plugin are working in modify.cgi, or delete.cgi, yet. Currently all of them are working only in add.cgi. When all features will be finished, they will be adapted to work in modify.cgi in short time (and if is needed, also in delete.cgi)

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] [PLUGIN] Xtended Add.Modify.Delete plugin (XAMD) development news In reply to
New feature added:
- 'allow_category_submit_filter' option: to enable or disable submitting to admin selected categories. Also affects category lists, so those categories are not listed where link submit is not allowed.
Adds a "NoAdd" column to Category table. Those categories can be selected, where the admin does not allow to submit new links. - implemented (add.cgi)
There is no admin interface to this feature, yet.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
A remark for myself:
New feature should be implemented, to make Links::language based the Form Display info!
Currently, it can be displayed in only one language, so LSQL is not fully multi-language compatible, yet.
The discussion about this problem can be found in this thread:
=> Form Display is NOT Links::language based!

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Aug 28, 2002, 4:11 PM
Quote Reply
Further ideas:
- option, to even deny or warn a submission, if the text has most CapITALS. Probably will ne not implemented in the first release, but I plan to implement it.
Related thread: Filtering ALL CAPS in site submissions
- make the date names Links::language based, currently we have in the Config. Because of this, LSQL is not fully multi-language compatible now

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Hi there,

Have you managed to achieve any further work on this interesting plugin recently?

Piers
Quote Reply
Re: [Piers1] [PLUGIN] Xtended Add.Modify.Delete plugin (XAMD) development news In reply to
Unfortunately the XAMD plugin is the last (5th) on my development list.

Currently I have 5 plugins on my plugin development list.
1 is finished, released, bugfixes are doing now (DirName plugin). Another 1 is almost finished (80-90%), and will be likely released to public within a month or earlier.

Priority to finish my under development plugins is the following (links point to news threads):
1) DirName converter plugin - Finished & released - a bugfix release is planned a few days, max a week or two - after beta testing finished

2) Another plugin which was started as custom work, but I plan to release as commercial plugin. No information is available about the plugin until it's not released. Will be likely released to public within a month.

3) Advanced Link Expirator plugin (ALE) - requested by some people (including me Wink) so that's the following candidate. Working on.

4) Xtended Link Display plugin (XLD) - already works, finished, but admin interface is needed to be added, and old solutions are needed to be revised, docs are also needed (in overall 50-60% finished)

5) Xtended Add.Modify.Delete plugin (XAMD) - already works, finished, but admin interface is needed to be added, and old solutions are needed to be revised, docs are also needed (in overall 50-60% finished)

The reason that I deferred XAMD plugin development is, that I will not able to introduce more than 2-3 plugins at the same time interval, because of the support needs. My resources are limited, so I can't support so much plugins.
When DirName converter plugin, the other new plugin, Advanced Link Expirator plugin (ALE) are all out, and support interest will be lowered to normal value, I can think on finishing the Xtended Link Display (XLD) and Xtended Add.Modify.Delete (XAMD) plugins.

I hope you understand my reasons, and you will be patient until it's released in the future.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Thanks,

I kind of guessed that was going to be the answer. I'll try via an alternative direction;

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=237012#237012

Cheers
Piers
Quote Reply
Re: [Piers1] [PLUGIN] Xtended Add.Modify.Delete plugin (XAMD) development news In reply to
Boy this one is really holding me up :( I'm dying to get my hands on this plug-in.. So what would it take to move this one higher up in the list? I'm sure there are enough of us wating we could come up with something.. (first born, etc. :) )

Dale
Quote Reply
Re: [Dale_Brown] [PLUGIN] Xtended Add.Modify.Delete plugin (XAMD) development news In reply to
Any time frame as to when this plugin will be released?
Quote Reply
Re: [jgkiefer] [PLUGIN] Xtended Add.Modify.Delete plugin (XAMD) development news In reply to
Unfortunately there is no timeframe when will this plugin released.
There are some projects which I should finish first.

I will now post the revisited development priorities into this thread soon:
Webmaster33's under development or planned plugins

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support