Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[PLUGIN] TopLinks plugin news

Quote Reply
[PLUGIN] TopLinks plugin news
TopLinks plugin v0.8.0beta is released for the public.

Description:
Using the TopLinks plugin, you can use Links SQL to create a TOP 10, TOP 50, TOP 100, etc, toplist site, which is category based, counting incoming and outgoing hits of the listed websites, and has all the fine features & flexibility of Links SQL.

Features (summary):
  • Advanced installer: does all configuration jobs. You do not need to do anything manually (you just need to complete the design in templates).

• Incoming clicks: counts incoming clicks from each other site to your site (InHits)

• Outgoing clicks: counts outgoing clicks from your site to each other site (OutHits)

• Multi-Click Protection: counts only 'unique' hits, based on visitor IP (cookie based solution is not implemented yet, but planned). If a user already clicked within X second or minute interval, click is not counted again from same IP. This is called time limit.

• Multi-Click Protection Time Limit: any time limit can be set in plugin options (!). Several systems has a fixed internal limit, usually 1 hour or 1 day. Using TopLinks plugin, you can set, not just 1 hour or 1 day, but even 2 day 3 hours 38 minutes 21 seconds, if you need that... Plugin config has flexible options to set the protection time limit.

• Absolute TOP X list: you can list the TOP X links (X means any number), where links are sorted in order you set in the plugin config. By default are sorted by InHits then by OutHits. Link ordering can be easily changed in plugin options based on your needs.

• Page Span for Absolute TOP X list: Feature to span (divide) 'Absolute TOP X list' page with a lot links, to more pages

• Category TOP ordered lists: in each category, the links are sorted by inhits & outhits, in the same order you used in Absolute TOP X list. Link ordering can be easily changed in plugin options based on your needs.

• Search result TOP ordered lists: on search result page, the links are sorted by inhits & outhits, in the same order you used in Absolute TOP X list. Link ordering can be easily changed in plugin options based on your needs.

• Easy template inclusion of TOP X link name list: list of TOP link names, can be in included into any template used by Links SQL or its plugins.

• Admin can manually reset InHits, OutHits or both, on the plugin admin interface.

• Fully template based: you can easily change lookout without any perl programming, just changing HTML

• Several plugin options: to make plugin customization easy & flexible

• Currently working in dynamic mode (static mode may be implemented later, if there is demand for it)

License: Commercial.

Price: US$95 (European Union residents pay +25% VAT).

Order/Buy: online through Share-it: TopLinks plugin order page

Demo/Example:
  • Check this site using TopLinks plugin: http://directorio.adfound.com/Top/
    See the "Out: In: " numbers. There are used for top ordering.

• Also check this page: http://directorio.adfound.com/Promocion/
    You can see links ordered by Out and In, within the category itself.

• Also I attached some screenshots to this post below, so you can see some examples how the plugin looks, and what are the possibilities of it (Note: the examples are using only test data and there is
    no custom design used).

Development plans: TopLinks plugin developments are depending on the public demand. If there is demand for specific features, I may implement them later, but currently it's available as is.

If you have feature requests or questions, post them into this thread, or send me a PM.

Best regards,
    Webmaster33

Paid Support
    from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
    Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
  • Post deleted by webmaster33 In reply to
    Quote Reply
    Re: [webmaster33] [PLUGIN] TopLinks plugin news In reply to
    What about making adjustment to Luna templates (GLinks 3.2.0)?

Regards.

UnReal Network
    Quote Reply
    Re: [deadroot] [PLUGIN] TopLinks plugin news In reply to
    Template support is available.
    Upgrading to Luna template is a 1 minute work.

Just place the <%Plugins::TopLinks::SSI_toplist( 100 )%> into the template you want to use.
    Also place InHits: <%InHits%> OutHits: <%OutHits%> into the link template file.

More questions?

See the screenshots attached to the topic:
    http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...?post=273865#p273865

Best regards,
    Webmaster33

Paid Support
    from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
    Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
    Quote Reply
    And how does it work? User put some code on their page or?

Regards.

UnReal Network
    Quote Reply
    The plugin has Advanced installer: does all configuration jobs.
    You do not need to do anything manually. Template files are copied to their target directory.
    You just need to edit the design in templates toplinks*.html.

Now I will be away, will be back in 8 hours.

Best regards,
    Webmaster33

Paid Support
    Quote Reply
    Ok. But how does it count InHits?

Regards.

UnReal Network
    Quote Reply
    It counts InHits by counting clicks to this link: in.cgi?ID=123456
    http://site/cgi-bin/lsql212/in.cgi?ID=123456

If you want to count InHits using SSI, then I can implement this into the plugin.

Let me know your wishes, and I can implement it for you.

Please contact me, before you order the plugin.

Best regards,
    Webmaster33

Paid Support