Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[New Plugin] Add_RandImage v1.3

Quote Reply
[New Plugin] Add_RandImage v1.3

Add_RandImage v1.3

Price: $25 - << BUY >>
Links SQL Version Required: 2.1

Well, its definatly taken a while to write, but I'm pretty sure people will agree it has been worth the wait.

My new plugin basically enables you to place an image on the 'add' page. When people submit a link, they must first enter an 8 character long randomly generated string. I've made it so that it doesn't matter with the format (the image may say G R d R e e T u, but they could quite happily enter: GRdReeTu (i.e spaces are not important, it is only the string/case order that is)

The URL to more details on this plugin is:

http://new.linkssql.net/...p;page=Add_RandImage

I know this plugin has been long awaited (not necessarily by me, but generally needing to be written by anyone). This plugin has been tested on mod_perl and non-mod_perl servers.

The image generation is done by Image::Magick, which may not be installed on a lot of servers (please check with your host before purchasing, or try the attached script). I am working on a version that will support the use of the Perl GD library (although, IMO Image::Magick is far superior in both effects, and customizability).

I have tried to make this plugin as customizable as possible. You can change the color of the font, border and background. There is also an option to turn 'on' and 'off' a couple of the effects.

Well, please have a look around my site. I will be putting a copy up on my site soon for a demo, but I need to get Image::Magick installed on it first (was testing locally on my PC).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

Andy: May 29, 2003, 7:30 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [New Plugin] Add_RandImage v1.3 In reply to
I've almost completed version 1.5 now. Basically v1.5 supports the use of 'GD' or 'Image::Magick'. The Image::Magick images are more advanced, whilst the GD one is simply 2 lines of text (no border, background etc). Should be releasing it tomorrow (about 10am GMT)....so keep an eye out Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hmm you know I released a plugin to do this a while back?

"AutoSubmitBlock"
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] [New Plugin] Add_RandImage v1.3 In reply to
Erm, only thread I can find related to it is;

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=189335#189335

...and that is for Links 2 Unsure

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
There's a thread somewhere, I saw it earlier - can't be bothered looking.

It used a random string instead of an image, just thought I'd mention it.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] [New Plugin] Add_RandImage v1.3 In reply to
Paul where can I find your plugin? Do you have a demo/download somewhere?

JeffB
GT customer for 6 years (and counting!)
Quote Reply
Re: [jeffb] [New Plugin] Add_RandImage v1.3 In reply to
In Reply To:
Paul where can I find your plugin? Do you have a demo/download somewhere?

Please keep stuff related to his 'plugin' out of my thread. This is a launch for my plugin, not a promo for Pauls one (that I can't even seem to find).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk