Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[NEW PLUGIN] Simple Workflow plug-in

Quote Reply
[NEW PLUGIN] Simple Workflow plug-in
Hi,

Just to let you know that I have written a presentation page for a simple workflow plug-in that was jointly created by GT and myself.

Take a look and please contact me, should you have any questions :

http://www.significant-media.com/...imple_work_flow.html

Extract :

The Simple Workflow plug-in as it suggests, provides Links with a simple workflow process; a way to allow members/users of a Links site to modify an article/link and submit it to be reviewed (by an admin/chief editor). The system creates a second parallel version of the links/article leaving the current live version intact and online. Once a modified article is submitted the admin and/or editors are alerted to this fact via email.
The admin/chief editor then has four responses available. 1) Accept the changes, the new version replaces and deletes the current version. 2) Ask the author to undertake further modifications. 3) Reject without reason. 4) Reject and email the reason to the author.

Thanks,

John
Significant Media

Last edited by:

Jag: Jun 20, 2006, 8:23 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] [NEW PLUGIN] Simple Workflow plug-in In reply to
I'd also like to add that Jag and I are working on a few add-on plugins for this that will add some blog-like functionality. As of now, this only includes Trackback and Pingback support. We haven't talked much on adding other blog functions, but I suspect Jag wouldn't mind if I expand the offerings little bit.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] [NEW PLUGIN] Simple Workflow plug-in In reply to
Hi Philip,

As always I'm really excited about this and as since you took the blog road for Links and Links users prior to my interest in the whole thing I'm glad to be part of this common project. It's a very Web 2.0 approach to it ;)
I can't wait to show your handy work to the world on the significantmedia.com site Smile

I'm sure our (mainly yours) hard work will be worth it Wink

And you bet that I'm interested in an expanding set of blog tools. I think many other Links users will find your plug-in(s) interesting to use since they can without doubt be used for various other situations that don't involve blogs as you will see when the demo is ready !

Cheers,

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Jag,

I liked the presentation, very nice piece of work, you have set a standard for all plugins.

Again, Great Job!
Quote Reply
Re: [rascal] [NEW PLUGIN] Simple Workflow plug-in In reply to
Hi rascal,

Thanks, Smile

You may be interested to take a look at the modified browser.cgi system. If you create yourself an account just drop me a message here or via PM and I'll give you editor status so that you can check it out.

Cheers,

John

PS : I just added two more pictures of the modified browser templates
Significant Media

Last edited by:

Jag: Jun 23, 2006, 8:17 AM
Quote Reply
The browser.cgi system is in dire need of upgrading.
I wanted to use it, but after much deliberation, I think I'm bypassing it in favor of html templates.
I just can't modify it easily enough, or make changes.

I wanted to let users be editors of their own areas, and use the browser system for modifications to their stuff, especially category moving, but it proved too dangerous in it's current form. I'm just going in too many directions to try to deal with the browser system :(

The profiles and image systems have kept me busy, and are the prime focus of my efforts at this point.

The work flow system looks good, and I might even have someone who would be interested, once their site is up.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] [NEW PLUGIN] Simple Workflow plug-in In reply to
In Reply To:
The browser.cgi system is in dire need of upgrading.

I agree pugdog, it is very interesting with a few mods. It would be great if some wordpress, moveabletype or textpattern like preview of content entered and other common blog like functions were available, which can be found in other GT products.

I added some simple javascript code to check data before it is sent but I know that the GT could easily do a great job on it if they wanted...

Thanks for your response and if you need any details or want to try it out let me know.

John
Significant Media