Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
[NEW PLUGIN] ReportLink
Hi,

Recently , I've had a few people ask me if we have a better version of Bad_Links (pugdogs version, from years ago - back with LinksSQL =))

I recently wrote one (well, I say recently - I mean a month+ ago <G>) .. but I've now documented it, and its ready for release Smile

Its based on the same idea as Bad_Link, except is has a few extra main features (as well as being a total rewrite Tongue)

Details: http://www.ultranerds.com/...ion/ReportLink_L257/

Features:

This plugin has the following features:
  • CAPTCHA image on report page, so you don't get spammed by junk reports.
  • Easy to setup (as simple as adding one line of HTML into your templates)
  • Easy to use admin area
  • You have the following admin function, per reported link: [View ] [ Delete / Modify ] [ Delete Report ] [ Email LinkOwner ]
  • One-click system, to email a linkowner - so they are aware their link has been reported.
Price:

$35 [ details ] (also part of the ULTRA and ULTRA Pro packages)

There's no live demo yet (I may add one - but to be honest, you can see it all working in the screenshot on the detail page =)). If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [NEW PLUGIN] ReportLink In reply to
Hi Andy,

I test your plugin, but it gives me an error message :

Error running installation code: Can't call method "body_as_string" on an undefined value at (eval 7) line 108.

You have an idea ?

Mick
Quote Reply
Re: [Oyo] [NEW PLUGIN] ReportLink In reply to
Mmm..odd - can you send over GLinks admin details, so I can have a look? I took a look - and messagecaptcha.cgi exists in the the .tar (and thats whats on that line the error message gave)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Oyo] [NEW PLUGIN] ReportLink In reply to
Hi,

For anyone interested - it was due to him using an old version of the Plugin (my FTP client didn't upload the new version :()

I've uploaded the new version to our Members Area now - so it should work from now on :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

I've uploaded a new version of ReportLinks (1.1)- this has 2 new features:

1) If you've used the "email linkowner" function, then it will tell you that you've already emailed them (i.e if you go back to the list, and can't remember if you have :P)
2) It now goes through the list of reports, and makes sure all the LinkID's still exist in your DB (if not, then the report is removed). This is mainly due to the "delete link" feature, which is built into GLinks - so if you deleted a link in version 1, then it would still show on the report page, even though the link doesn't exist =))

This version is available from the Members Area.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Forgot to mention.

Anyone who already has this plugin installed, just needs to download the new version, install it - and it will work Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk