Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
[NEW PLUGIN] Data_Import

Data_Import v1

First of all, let me say, I am very impressed with this plugin. Thanks to Peter from TotalHosting.com for his beta testing :)

Detailed URL: http://www.ultranerds.com/...ge.cgi?ID=52&d=1 (demo linked on this page)

Requirements
  • LinksSQL 2.1.2
  • Basic knowledge of SQL fields, and what parts of the data you want to match with what :)

Features
  • Duplicate checking (general/same category/none)
  • Put into 4 stages, so timeouts shouldn't occur
  • Has been tested with 10,000+ links in one go.
  • Ability to choose 'default' fields (i.e Hits=0,Votes=1)
  • You can pass in data that is in pretty much any order. With our advanced 'field ordering' system, you decide which field matches up to which (i.e source data, and SQL destination field).
  • Default category option (define a category to put all links in, instead of trying to work out which one they need to go into, according to the data)
  • If you want to put them in the category that is held in your import data; then you can simply assign the 'field number' of the category. i.e if it was the 2nd option from the left, then you would choose '2'.
  • More... but I don't want to blabber on. Give the demo a go!

Upcoming Features

• Box to show the list of required fields, and their default values/regex checks, etc.

The price is $80, but I think that is money well spent if you do a lot of data importing :) Its also part of the Bulk_Package deal, which is available here: http://www.ultranerds.com/...ge.cgi?ID=37&d=1 .

The $200 deal is now no longer available, due to the partnership between pugdog and myself. However, a new 'Ultra Package' (renamed to avoid confusion), which is $350, is now available (at the above URL). All existing $200 package owners are currently being transfered as we speak, and all $200 package orders that go through, will be refunded (I'm gonna take the purchase links off the site ASAP, and get refering everyone to UltraNerds). Just so people don't try going to buy the $200 package now, cos they know it is finishing ;)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [NEW PLUGIN] Data_Import In reply to
Version 1.3 is now out. This just fixes a bug where as categories were being duplicated (same name, but with an _ at the end of the duplicates). I've also fixed up the 'default' bug, where the default values were not being inserted correctly :(

The latest version can be downloaded by members from here: http://www.ultranerds.com

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [NEW PLUGIN] Data_Import In reply to
it would be nice if it was possible to select
a root category where the new category
from the importdata will be created.

Best regards from
Bremen/Germany

Lothar
Quote Reply
Re: [eljot] [NEW PLUGIN] Data_Import In reply to
This is something I'm going to be adding into the next version. No release date yet though, I'm afraid :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk