Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

"Rated at" like on Hotscripts.com

Quote Reply
"Rated at" like on Hotscripts.com
Is there any plugin/global so user who has link in directory can put image on their homepage which says let say "Rated 6/10 at GLinks"? Something like Hotscripts.com have for their users (you can see example at http://www.monstertoplist.com/).

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [DeadMan] "Rated at" like on Hotscripts.com In reply to
Something like this?

http://www.ultranerds.com/..._Remote_Ratings_L19/

FYI, it uses IFRAMEs :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] "Rated at" like on Hotscripts.com In reply to
Cool. Will check it.

As this is "old" plugin (added 2003.), will it work with new version of GLinks with no problem?

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

Yup, should work fine :) (I think you have access to it anyway, as you have the ULTRA PRO Package don't you? [unless my memory is getting bad <G>])

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Yes I have Wink

Just needed to check it before installing Smile

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
I've test it. It's working ok Smile

Now, question, is it possible that I put this ratings (or hits) on image like hotscripts.com have?

Basically, I want to create small banner on which will be text like "Rated <%Rating%> at My web directory". Is this possible?

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
DeadMan wrote:
I've test it. It's working ok Smile

Now, question, is it possible that I put this ratings (or hits) on image like hotscripts.com have?

Basically, I want to create small banner on which will be text like "Rated <%Rating%> at My web directory". Is this possible?

Been a while since I used it, but try looking at remote_details.html. You should have all the details of the link Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I've check it and there is no problem with it. I can use all variables in remote_details.html.

Problem is, how to put dynamic variable on still image like .gif, .jpg or .png?

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Quote:
Problem is, how to put dynamic variable on still image like .gif, .jpg or .png?

Do you mean how can you put a "star" image, to show their rating? If so, check out detailed.html - as there is some stuff in there that does it :)

Look for image_url( ...and that should lead you to the right kinda stuff Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
No, not star image, but banner with actual rating.

Something like this http://www.hotscripts.com/...mic/rating.gif?18187

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Ah, thats more complex - as it would need a script to make the image (via GD I guess), and over-lay the rating. I'm done for the day now, but shoot me an email if you'd like this done as a custom job, and I'll get back to you about it tomorrow :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I have worked with this wonderful plugin when it first came out. Yes you can display images too, however I didn't wanted to use GD and put any extra unnecessary load on the server. One other option you can use is, create images for 0, .25, .5, .75, 1.00..... to 5.00 or in many way you like it and set up the code to display image using the plugin. In this way, you will be able to display logo+image rating on an image with pretty good accuracy.

You might also want to look into other plugins Andy have developed. A good combination of them, can literally turn GLinks in a feature rich mega portal.

Hope this helps.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------