Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

different detail page template by category

Quote Reply
different detail page template by category
Is it possible to have a different template for each detailed page depending on the category the detailed page is displayed from?

When I tested I created a different template set and assigned that template to each category but it still pulls the detailed template from the default template set.
Quote Reply
Re: [Dale_Brown] different detail page template by category In reply to
Hi,

It is possible to have a different template for the detailed page based on the category. You simple name your template set, create that set within your template directory and make sure you include the new detailed template within that folder.

Then, you need to assign the template set to the category/sub-category where the link will "reside". This can be done in the admin.

You should also note that if a link is included in more than one category, the template will be assigned based on the first category in which the link exists. The only way I've found to bypass this is to create a new link in each category so that it uses the template from each category. However, this can cause updating problems since you will need to make sure that you update the separate links rather than just one.

Hope that helps and is not too confusing.

Happy Holidays!
ATKOgirl