Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
URL Thumbnail
Is thier a plugin that will grab a linkowner's url and place a small thumbnail image of that url next to their listing?
Quote Reply
Re: [Sies] URL Thumbnail In reply to
Hi,

AFAIK, there isn't one.

You have a couple of options:

1) Use Thumbnshots: http://www.thumbshots.org/freethumbshots.aspx - not ideal, as it requires the site to be listed in DMOZ.org, for the thumbnail to exist
2) Purchase our Thumb_Images plugin : http://www.ultranerds.com/...ns/Thumb_Images_L21/ , and then add a new image field - SiteImage for the plugin to use. Then, on your add form - add this field, so they can upload a screenshot of their site (i.e they make it, save as a JPG/GIF/PNG etc, save it in some kind of image editing program, and then upload it with their listing)

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] URL Thumbnail In reply to
Andy, I thought your GetScreenshot plugin did that unless I have misunderstood the request or what the plugin does (or is it only for Links 2, not Links 3)?
Quote Reply
Re: [aus_dave] URL Thumbnail In reply to
Hi,

Yeah, the only problem is - it requires Xserver and khtml2png , which are not easy to get installed (and quite a bugger to setup right, in terms of working with JS /Active X / popups etc) .

Also, if on a shared server - you've pretty much not got a hope in hell of them installing it =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [aus_dave] URL Thumbnail In reply to
I have your Plugin but I get this error message on my GoDaddy Virtual dedicated server.
A fatal error has occured:
Unable to load plugin:
Thumb_Images (Can't locate Image/Magick.pm in @INC
My username is donald
Quote Reply
Re: [Sies] URL Thumbnail In reply to
Hi,

Were you talking to me? =)

Which plugin do you have, Thumb_Images, or Thumb_Images_GD? Chances are, you won't be able to get Thumb_Images working on a GoDaddy server - as they' won't install Image::Magick for you (you get what you pay for ;))

You may be able to get the Thumb_Images_GD plugin working though - as it uses GD, which I believe they *will* let you install.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk