Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Two languages
Sine hundred years i have not used the normal add.cgi anymore. Now i want to gibīve it a try and ask myself (and you :) if i have a chance to controll pahrases or templates for adding?

My links directory is made twice, every template is used twice for two languages, but i have no idea how to use the add.cgi with two languages. Is there anything to do so, please?
Quote Reply
Re: [Robert] Two languages In reply to
Hi,

If you are using 2 different template sets, then just make sure you have a languages.txt file in your template set, and then you can call it using add.cgi?t=whatever_set . This will then ask it to use the languages.txt file, with your different text in.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Two languages In reply to
Thank you,
How i call the templateset, please?

Anyway i will try to pass a var to add.cgi?lang=2;
and then i can maybe use add2.html like i do it for the rest of the page.
Quote Reply
Hi,

You just need 2 template sets. So maybe "luna_en" and "luna_fr". Just copy all the files, and then translate them to how you want.

add.cgi?t=TEMPLATE_SET_NAME

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
And maybe i only need the add.html and one more, because they are the only to dynamic pages i use.
Modify will be done somehwere else with php. The rest is not in use or static. Thank you.

Probably i have to find the right script for the list of cats also, because i use two names for every cat, also two pathes for the place to be stored in the file system, to have

/deutschland/duesseldorf
/germany/dusseldorf
Quote Reply
Hi,

Well in that case, just make a new folder in /admin/templates - so maybe called them "germany" and "deutchland". Then inside those, you need to make sure you have the following files:

Code:
/local/
/compiled/
globals.txt
language.txt
.tplinfo (this is only used in the 2nd set, not the original)

For the 2nd template set, you can then put in a custom version of languages.txt in there.

It's not really too easy to explain - so hopefully that makes sense!

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I think, i got it, thank you.
I work with set lang={1|2} and then i have changed build.cgi, build.pm and sitehtml to use
templatename2.html if lang==2;
the same should be possible with the add.html.

The only thing and maybe here i have to choose the templateset as suggested are the error messages.
Quote Reply
I call add.cgi with add.ci?t=eng, while eng is my second template set; i also set input type=hidden name=t value=eng; but the resultpage seems to be the one from the luna template set. I will double check it again.
Quote Reply
Hi,

That should work fine. I assume the add.ci?t=eng shows the page you are expecting?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk