Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Search Feed
Hi,

How can I make the Search Feed plugin only show up if there are no results in my database?

Thanks

http://www.BillClients.com - Online Invoice Service For Web Design Firms & Freelancers
Quote Reply
Re: [shimmy1] Search Feed In reply to
Thats what my plugin does anyway....currently there is no option to let you show half your results, and half searchfeeds....it will only do one of the other Tongue

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
But how do I set it do do that? I see no option for it.
Quote Reply
As I said, once the plugin is installed, it will automatically get the SearchFeed.com results, and put them into your normal search results template....you dont 'have' to do anything Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Search Feed In reply to
Hi,

Maybe you misunderstood my question. I realize that once it is installed I get the search feed results in my regular search results template. But my question was, how do I NOT get search feed results in that template, and ONLY get the search feed results when there are NO results in my own database
Quote Reply
You lost me Unsure

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
It ain't that hard to understand is it?

Quote:
ONLY get the search feed results when there are NO results in my own database
Quote Reply
You know that page you get when there are no results. It says "Sorry, No Matching Links." Well, that's the page I was my SearchFeed results on
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Search Feed In reply to
In Reply To:
It ain't that hard to understand is it?

Quote:
ONLY get the search feed results when there are NO results in my own database
Thank you, I was starting to think it was me
Quote Reply
Mmm...in that case, try replacing in SearchFeed_Results.pm (/admin/Plugins/);

Code:
# now show the results page!
print Links::SiteHTML::display('search_results', { link_results => $html_links, cat_hits => 0, link_hits => $link_count });

with

Code:
# now show the results page!
print Links::SiteHTML::display('search', { link_results => $html_links, cat_hits => 0, link_hits => $link_count });

Then in your search.html template, add something like;

<%if link_results%>
No results found in our database, so using SearchFeed.com<BR><BR>
<%link_results%>
<%endif%>

Or something similar Tongue

I'm off to my other job now...so you probably won't hear from me again regarding this until tomorrow morning (unless I get a reply within 10 minutes, which is before I leave...lol).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
ahhh That looks like what I need. Thanks, I'll try it
Quote Reply
Hi, tried it, it didn't work, it made it so the search.cgi does not ever go to the search_results page. I got the SearchFeed results even though I had links with the provided Keyword in my own database
Quote Reply
Try creating a new template called 'template_feed.html', and then use the codes from search_results.html (i.e <%link_results%> etc.). To better see the codes available, you could do;

<%GT::Template::dump%>

That should work Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk