Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Ability to add a link to multiple categories as a user...

Quote Reply
Ability to add a link to multiple categories as a user...
GT, is it possible to get this added as a main feature? Currently, you have to directly hack the codes in Add.pm/Modify.pm.

Any chance of this? Its quite a major feature people would like/need Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Ability to add a link to multiple categories as a user... In reply to
I'm just playing with a copy of LinksSQL, and trying to get it to use multiple categories for a link. The problem I am having, is that it doesn't seem to be working Unsure Its just assigning the first category that is in the list, and missing out the other 2-3. All I've done is write a global to modify the <%category%> tag, so that it has a 'mulitple' HTML tag in it, and a size tag.

Anyone successfully done this before?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Ability to add a link to multiple categories as a user... In reply to
*bump*

Has the ability to add multiple categories to a link via the add.cgi script been removed in LSQL 2.1.2? I *definatly* had this working in 2.1.1, but just can't get it to in 2.1.2 Mad

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I understand that this *might* be added in the version....:)
Quote Reply
Re: [rayhne] Ability to add a link to multiple categories as a user... In reply to
>>>I understand that this *might* be added in the version....:) <<<

Do you mean 'the next version' ? Unsure

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thank you, yes.
Quote Reply
Re: [rayhne] Ability to add a link to multiple categories as a user... In reply to
I hope so. Its definatly a large feature, that is probably missed by a lot of users Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Is there anyone who has been able to get the modified code that will allow users to submit to multiple categories? I'd be willing to pay for a plugin as I'm sure others would to with the amount of messages I've been reading on this topic. In my previous version of links, it was relatively easy to do....why would it be removed when it's such an important feature to many people?
Perl Hopefull