Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
google pagerank
hi,

have anybody a plugin or a global to show the google pagerank of a website???

greetings from germany

manu
Quote Reply
Re: [regatta] google pagerank In reply to
Hi,

I don't think Google actually let you do this :( ...and, even if they did... the actual PR you get shown, is 99% sure to be different... as they apparantly show older PR rankings, with a few months backlogging.

Sorry I couldn't be more help :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [regatta] google pagerank In reply to
Hi,

I wrote some PHP code that will display it but haven't ported it to a Links/Perl environment as yet.

Some things that are useful to know:

1. Google doesn't support this as part of their Google API so if you automate PR requests to frequently, Google may ban your IP or something. Always pays to be nice to Google and obey their commands.

2. Requesting Google PR via code basically involves simulating Google Toolbar requests. So, the PR you get is the same as that displayed in your Google Toolbar. So, it's not the true current PR. Google updates the public 'PR' about every 3 months of so.

Regards,
Peter Puglisi
www.ausfreedom.com
Ultimate Freedom is our game.
Quote Reply
Re: [rocco] google pagerank In reply to
My feeling: the PR is a red herring, that gives some people something pretty to look at, but *more* importantly, a way for google to track you, without telling you anything "earthshakingly important".

I have "0" PR pages that come up on top of other pages for semi-targeted searches (nothing _specific_ to that page only, but not a single word)

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.

Last edited by:

pugdog: May 15, 2005, 7:33 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] google pagerank In reply to
Google no longer reports current PR.

It was TOO useful for SEO.