Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Does links automatically index when adding a link?

Quote Reply
Does links automatically index when adding a link?
Hi I am wondering whether links automatically index every link while they are being added. If I set links table to internal indexing, and have done indexing manually once. if the indexing is not automatically done, so i have to do it periodically after adding some links. I guess so because I did a search to see where the function tokenize () is called and it turns out the it is not called by any scripts related to add records to the database. am I right?

Long
Quote Reply
Re: [long327] Does links automatically index when adding a link? In reply to
AFAIK, it doesn't index them when they are added. You have to run nph-build.cgi --reindex for them to take effect on searches.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Does links automatically index when adding a link? In reply to
Thank you Andy.

Is it possible to have the add.pm to call indexer subroutine each time a record is added?

Long
Quote Reply
Re: [long327] Does links automatically index when adding a link? In reply to
I think that it does index them - as long as you add them through links and not through an external method like mysqlman.

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Does links automatically index when adding a link? In reply to
Hi Laura,

do you know where and at what stage the indexer is called after a link is added or verified?

===========================

After some searching, I found it is called in table.pm.

Thanks.

Long

Last edited by:

long327: Feb 23, 2004, 4:30 PM