Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

SearchFeed.com

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] SearchFeed.com In reply to
I tried many little variations of this:

if (!$results->{link_hits}) { return Links::SiteHTML::display('search', { error => 'No links were found!' }); }

I still get errors. Is there an obvious error in the syntax?

cdkrg

Able2Know :: Ajooja Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [cdkrg] SearchFeed.com In reply to
What's the error message now?
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] SearchFeed.com In reply to
It was different from all the others. It only said Fatal error and said that string could not be used.

It didn't output the detailed errors that I was reporting earlier.

cdkrg

Quote Reply
Think Andy may have to answer this. Sorry.
Quote Reply
Exactly what did the error say?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] SearchFeed.com In reply to
Sorry to get back to you so late. The error was not a GT error for that last attempt I made, it did not give any of the details. I can't reproduce it as I have uninstalled the plug in.

I'd be interested in using it but this is a show stopping bug for me so I'm looking into other ways to make monetize search. If anyone solves this one I'd sure like to know.

I'd also be very interested in a more advanced plug-in that pulls the feed for a special "sponsored" box on searches when your sites DOES return a result as well. I'd pay for that (especially if the plugin was flexible enough to adapt for other PPC advertising.

cdkrg

Quote Reply
Fixed now. I needed to define the XML::Parser as the prefered parsing system. I also had to make the fix for "Not an ARRAY reference", which was being caused when only one result was found. The latest version can be found in the plugins download area, and the download area on my site.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Awesome Andy! Do you think you'd be interested in making a commercial upgrade of this plugin that would pull the serachfeed even when there are local results?

cdkrg

Quote Reply
Cool

>>>Do you think you'd be interested in making a commercial upgrade of this plugin that would pull the serachfeed even when there are local results? <<<

Maybe in the future. I am pretty busy with custom work at the moment, so its hard to find time to do these extra little projects :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hello Andy,

I like your plugin SearchFeed_Results.

But, I cannot use it.

SearchFeed is not international!

I use this service.

http://services.curryguide.com/docs/vseguide/

I propose search on my site with a link.

It is possible to propose a script like SearchFeed_Results?

Thank you

Mick

Quote Reply
Re: [mick31] SearchFeed.com In reply to
I do see where you are coming from, but my time is soooo used up at the moment with other jobs, I wouldn't personally have any time to do this kind of thing.

BTW: it doesn't look like curryguide.com offer XML feeds? Which is what you need to get the kind of results my SearchFeed_Results plugin gives.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I do see where you are coming from, but my time is soooo used up at the moment with other jobs, I wouldn't personally have any time to do this kind of thing.

Hello Andy,

I understand.

Yes, it seems that curryguide.com does not give a solution XML yet.

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Just an update. I've rewritten part of the code, and also updated the documentation (the old docs were... well, crap =)).

You can download the latest version here: http://ultranerds.com/cgi-bin/details/32.html

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
> >