Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
LSQL with vbulletin 3.x
Has someone developed a plugin to use vbulletin 3.x with lsql? With the old plugin the things dont work.
Quote Reply
Re: [Robert] LSQL with vbulletin 3.x In reply to
I've updated the plugin to work with vBulletin 3.x and it's available in the plugin download manager.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] LSQL with vbulletin 3.x In reply to
Has anyone used v1.7 of the new plug-in with any success??

It does not work for me. When I go to add.cgi and enter my user/pass, I end up at the member.php of vBulletin 3 with a blank login form. If I login using that page, I end up right back at member.php with the message: "This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view."
Quote Reply
Re: [vicos2] LSQL with vbulletin 3.x In reply to
Grrrr. You have to update your login.html template in SQL-LINKS in order for the v1.7 plug-in to work w/vB3. There is no documentation to this effect, so I'll post my template which does work. Please note that I have a few TEMPLATE GLOBALS defined that you probably do not. So, you won't be able to use the template verbatim. What's important is what is between the <form></form> tags. Also, the register for an account and retrieve lost password links have changed in vB3.

=======================

<%doctype%>
<%--
File : login.html
Description : This file displays the login form.
Tags : Special tags include:
url => The URL to redirect to upon successful login.
error => An error message saying the login was not successful.
--%>
<html>
<head>
<title><%site_title%>: User Login</title>
<meta name="author" content="<%company_name%>">
<meta name="trademark" content="'<%site_title%>' is a trademark of <%company_name%>">
<meta name="description" content="Login page for <%site_title%>">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<%css%>
</head>

<%body_tag%>

<table align="center" border="1" width="<%body_width%>" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" bordercolorlight="#FFFFFF" bordercolordark="#FFFFFF">
<tr><td align="left" bgcolor="<%titlebar_row_color%>" bordercolorlight="<%category_row_bordercolor%>" bordercolordark="<%category_row_bordercolor%>">
<span class="category_links">User Login</span></td></tr>
</table>
<%body_table%>
<tr><td valign=top>
<table cellpadding="5"><tr><td>

<form action="<%site_forums_url%>/login.php" method="POST">
<input type="hidden" name="do" value="login" />
<input type="hidden" name="forceredirect" value="1" />

<%if url%>
<input type="hidden" name="url" value="<%url%>">
<%elsif referer%>
<input type="hidden" name="url" value="<%referer%>">
<%else%>
<input type="hidden" name="url" value="<%site_url%>">
<%endif%>

<p><b><%body_font%>In order to add a resource, please first login or create an account if you don't yet have one!</font></b></p>
<p><%body_font%>Login to <%site_title%>:</font></p>
<%if error%>
<p><%error_font%><b><%error%></b></font></p>
<%endif%>
</td></tr>
<tr><td>
<table>

<tr><td><%body_font%>Username:</font></td><td><input name="vb_login_username" value="<%Username%>" class="button"></td></tr>

<tr><td><%body_font%>Password:</font></td><td><input type=password name="vb_login_password" class="button"></td></tr>

<tr><td><br><br></td><td><input type=submit value="Login" class="button"></td></tr>
</table>

</td></tr>
<tr><td>

<p><%body_font%>If you don't have an account, please <b><a href="<%site_forums_url%>/register.php">register</a></b>.</font></p>

<p><%body_font%>If you've forgotten your password, we can <a href="<%site_forums_url%>/login.php?do=lostpw"><b>email it to you</b></a>.</font></p>

</form>

</td></tr></table>
</td></tr></table>

</body>
</html>

Last edited by:

vicos2: Jul 31, 2004, 4:08 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Robert] LSQL with vbulletin 3.x In reply to
Anyone got a hack to do the same thing, but with with phpBB instead??

It would be very much appreciated!!

-DiSpy
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Quote Reply
Re: [DiSpy] LSQL with vbulletin 3.x In reply to
bump... Sorry, but I really need this and I know other people are interested in it as well.

-DiSpy
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Last edited by:

DiSpy: Sep 22, 2004, 10:14 AM