Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Max limit on Username length?

Quote Reply
Max limit on Username length?
Hi,

Giot a bit of a problem trying to import users from a totally seperate PHP system. I'm building up the user fine, but for some reason - it comes up with:

[Mon Oct 6 02:44:23 2008] import_users.cgi: Invalid format for username: carolpaulteddypatrickduffy at import_users.cgi line 98.

...now , from a quick look - that seems like 16 charachters - is there a limit? I've even changed the DB to Username VARCHAR(70) , just incase it was that - but to no avail.

Is this hard-coded in somewhere? I can't just "trim" the username, cos they need to be about to login on the new system, just like on the old one =)

TIA

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Max limit on Username length? In reply to
Links::Authenticate::auth_valid_format, the restriction on a username is that it's shorter than 50 characters and matches the regex: /^[\w\s\-\@\.]/ (There's actually a bug in that, it should really be: /^[\w\s\-\@\.]+$/

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Max limit on Username length? In reply to
Thanks, that seems to have done the trick Angelic

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!