Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Extern table
To work with an extern table with lsql is really easy; just add a .def and add the tablename to dbnav.html (admin templates); then resync and ready to go.

Now i have the problem that my lsql has a prefix, but the extern table not and i cant change this.
Lsql wants to work now with prefix_externtable.

Anyway i need to count something from this table; is this possible without the .def file and without the prefix in the name of the table?

Maybe we had this before, and you, Andy, has told me a solution how to query an extern table?
Quote Reply
Re: [Robert] Extern table In reply to
Is it in the same database as GLinks? If so, you can do a little trick with:

Code:
my $count = $DB->table("Changes")->do_query(qq|SELECT COUNT(*) FROM your_table|)->fetchrow;

The table in red can be any valid GLinks table (it's literally just to make the connection)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Quote:
To work with an extern table with lsql is really easy; just add a .def and add the tablename to dbnav.html (admin templates); then resync and ready to go.
Can you please explain this in detail and how this can be used? Would appreciate it. Thanks!
Quote Reply
If you need more tables then lsql has, you can add them easily when the have the same prefix;
if not you need the code written by andy to fetch or write data from them, because lsql normally adds the prefix to the table name.
Quote Reply
Hi,

This plugin (attached) is a nice way to manage / create new tables. It was created by jggamble: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...?post=298948#p298948

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Extern table In reply to
Nice to know; normally i use phpMyAdmin, manipulate one admin template to use the table in the admin area with all normal possibilities like resync and so on.
Quote Reply
Finally i have used it

my $count = $DB->table("Changes")->do_query(qq|SELECT COUNT(*) FROM your_table|)->fetchrow;

and it works fine; but how to spell it for more than one value?

my ($title, $rc) = $DB->table("Changes")->do_query(qq|SELECT title, reply_count FROM thread WHERE threadid = '$t'|)->fetchrow;
Ok, it works. :)

Last edited by:

Robert: Nov 23, 2017, 10:06 AM
Quote Reply
Hi,

Yup - you should be able to use fetchrow/fetchrow_hashref/fetchrow_arrayref/etc with the do_query()

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk