Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
2 page signup
Hi everyone!

Can the signup page be divided into two pages?

Right now my signup page has some basic personal info.
Now I want to foce people to fill out other info such as tastes in food, economic group, times they travel, how they travel etc.
Could get a little long, so I want it on a different page, and since all current members havent filled out this extra info, Id like to force them somehow.

Also, talking about enforcing, if I ever decide to add more fields to the form, Id like for them to also be forced to see it and fill it out.

Ideas?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [Gorospe] 2 page signup In reply to
Hi,

The easiest way for this, is to make a pre-signup page, i.e page.cgi?p=signup_pre (create a template called signup_pre.html). Then, in signup_pre.html, put your signup code for the first step (and then add some JS to check the fields, before submitting).

Then, set the form to send to user.cgi (with a hidden field, <input type="hidden" name="signup_form" value="1" />). In signup_form.html, you then need to add a load of "hidden" fields, which get populated with the data they entered in step 1 (this basically then passes those values to the signup script, when they've completed).

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] 2 page signup In reply to
Hi Andy,

You think that it is possible with add.cgi ?

I would like to obtain 2 pages to add a link.

Thanks

Mick

Quote Reply
Re: [Oyo] 2 page signup In reply to
Hi,

Sure, I do that kind of stuff all the time :) (sometimes even 3 stages, if there are a ton of fields)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Thanks Andy for your answer.

It is necessary to use a plugin ?

If a field is obligatory, that also functions ?

Mick.
Quote Reply
Hi,

It just needs to be done with some clever coding in the add form :)

I've found that its better to do verification checks on the first stage, with some Javascript (this saves them entering the details, then going to the next step - and then upon the 3rd step, getting an error message =))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thanks Andy for your answer.

1- Therefore, I think that it is necessary to create a new page: i.e page.cgi? p=add_pre.

2- Then, I modify include_form to record the data which are registered on add_pre (checked with Javascript) with hidden fields?

You can confirm ?
Thank you for your patience...

Mick
Quote Reply
Hi,

Yup, that should work fine too :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk