Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[ NEW PLUGIN ] Affiliates v1

Quote Reply
[ NEW PLUGIN ] Affiliates v1
Hi,

After a LOT of work, I'm finally pleased to announce the release of our latest plugin, Affiliates.

This plugin lets you run your own affiliate program. Assuming you are using mod_rewrite, it will check to see if the URL that referred to your site, is an "affiliate". If it is, it will then set a cookie on the visitors browser, so that when the add a link - the "affiliate username" is stored in the "Links" table.

It has quite a few cool features, including:
  • Admin functions (including stats, add payment, edit affiliate, make payments)
  • Affiliate signup page
  • Affiliate "members area" where they can view their stats.

Please note, although mod_rewrite is required to track incoming hits on "static looking" pages, you can achieve the same tracking features by getting them to link to your site - via http://www.yoursite.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi . It also allows you to put a bit of javascript on non-dynamic pages / non GLinks pages, so that the referrals can also be tracked still.

Price: $250 [ details ]

This plugin is part of LinksSQL ULTRA Package PRO. If you only own the ULTRA Package (not PRO), and would like this plugin - then an upgrade fee of $150 can be arranged (instead of $250 for the plugin seperatly :))

Features

User ("Affiliate") Functions
  • Affiliate interface (affiliate_admin.cgi)
  • Affiliate signup script - (affiliate.cgi) - include the option to add some "blurb", to encourage them to signup.
  • Lost Password / Username - Lets users get their username and password emailed to the Email address on their account
  • View Payments - View the payments (if any) that have been made to them
  • View their incoming stats / sales per day (with span pages)

Admin functions (admin.cgi)
  • Add Payment - if you've had a payment for a link, then just enter the LinkID on this page - and it will do the rest =)
  • View Payments - View payments you have made for links.
  • View Stats - Payments - View sale commissions given out on the specified day (shows list)
  • View Stats - Traffic - View traffic (click on date for breakdown of total traffic for that day)
  • View Stats - Number of Affiliates (and quick breakdown of sales)
  • Make Payment - From here you can pay the users over their "threshold". Has a direct link to Paypal, with all their details filled in.
  • Edit Affiliate - Lets you edit an affiliates account.
  • Manage Banner Farm (add banners/text links, so user can see them in their admin interface)
  • Ability to give your affiliates different commissions (you can enter a figure manually, as well as automatic commissions)
  • View your "Affiliates Earnings" in a simple to view table (can be sorted by total earnings, or total owed)

Tracking Function
  • Tracks via the handle_page hook, for all dynamic pages ( via mod_rewrite)
  • JavaScript tracking function, for non-dynamic pages.

Screenshots

I've setup a load of screenshots here:

http://www.ultranerds.com/...ion/Affiliates_L223/

A demo can be arranged (just email or PM me). I won't put it up live to everyone though, as the best stuff is found in the admin panel - and I don't have a "demo" version of GLinks 3.2, so can't setup a version that will restrict important functions (i.e settings, etc)

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [ NEW PLUGIN ] Affiliates v1 In reply to
"May be make feature in the admin area to remove affiliates who haven't produced any sales for a long-time or have removed the link from their website and/or are affiliates no longer active for a certain time. "

How do you feel about making this feature? Wink

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [DeadMan] [ NEW PLUGIN ] Affiliates v1 In reply to
Hi,

I'll see what I can :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
DeadMan wrote:
"May be make feature in the admin area to remove affiliates who haven't produced any sales for a long-time or have removed the link from their website and/or are affiliates no longer active for a certain time. "

How do you feel about making this feature? Wink

Hi,

Been thinking about this.

I think a good feature would be "remove users who haven't validated" - i.e people who have signed up, but not confirmed their account via email

However, deleting accounts that havn't been active for a while may not be such a good idea, as it will annoy users, especially if they are still linking to you, but just arn't sending much traffic/sales. Personally, if someone deleted my account for not making a sale in xx months, I'd be really annoyed Tongue

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi

Version 1.1, from the Members Area, now has a "remove unvalidated accounts", which lets you remove accounts that has Status => UnValidated in the the Affiliate users table Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Cool. Just before click on "DO IT" if would be nice to have number of unvalidate users in system Angelic

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

Try the new version uploaded to the Members Area (no version change :))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Question. Can one user be logged as GLinks user and GLinks affiliate?

I'm asking this because when user click on "Become an Affiliate", he become like got logout (I guess init $User also missing in affiliate.cgi).

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

Whoops, I've fixed that up. It was indeed missing $USER.

Quote:
Question. Can one user be logged as GLinks user and GLinks affiliate?

Yup, they use different cookies, so can be logged in as both Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy wrote:
Hi,

Whoops, I've fixed that up. It was indeed missing $USER.

Cheers

But you didn't upload it to member area? Wink

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

Mm.. thought I uploaded it - but I guess not =) Its definatly uploaded now though :P

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hm...I've try to install and still without $user in affiliate.cgi and admin_affiliate.cgi Unsure

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

What happens if you open the Affiliates.tar file , and look at affiliate_admin.cgi ? Does it have it?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Nope.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

Whoops. it wasn't missing the $USER, it was missing Links::init_user()

New download should have it.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hm...something strange. New uploaded Affiliates plugin has only 28,5kB and have some different menu of left side when installed which doesn't even work...

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

Eugh, stupid CuteFTP - keeps doing weird stuff recently :/

Should be the right one now, 186kb Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Working. Thanks Cool

UnReal Network