Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[NEW PLUGIN] GoogleMapByCat v1

(Page 3 of 3)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [NEW PLUGIN] GoogleMapByCat v1nk In reply to
WOW, thank you so much Andy, the upload marker function worked great!

One last thing, will you mind to share with me where should I add the long/lat values to the links now? On the previous version there was a link on the GoogleMap plugin options on the plugin page where I was able to add those values, I'm not seeing that option on that page or on the links table, will you share with me where should I add those values?

Thanks again for all your help, this plugin its great!

Jesus
Quote Reply
Re: [Jesus] [NEW PLUGIN] GoogleMapByCat v1nk In reply to
Hi,

To manually add an address, you can add it via MySQLMan, in the glinksl_GoogleMaps table (or lsql_GoogleMaps, in your case)

Please note, you also need to update the Address1, City, State, ZIP and Country fields in the Links table too.

I may at some point add a feature in the admin, where you can add these details direct from the admin area - but don't have time atm :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
ok, so the new version doesnt have those 2 fields lat/long, and with just the address it will give you the proper lat/long values to be used on the map, Am I correct?

As I dont want to write any value directly to the database, I'll use for everything just the proper tools from the admin, I just want to make sure thise 2 values (lat/long) should be filled properly.

Jesus
Quote Reply
Hey Andy,

I was wondering if GoogleMapbyCat has this feature:

# Only selected links will be displayed on the map.

Or an ability where admin can setup something like display on map type link property and using if/elseif can display only those links which are selected to be displayed by a marker in the map.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Hi,

No, the new version does have those fields - BUT, they are stored in the Long/Lat field in the GoogleMap table.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] [NEW PLUGIN] GoogleMapByCat v1nk In reply to
Hi,

Its not hard to add a little bit of code in that will let you add a new field, and then have a Yes/No value, to decide if it is shown on the map.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
As soon as I finish the upgrade I'm doing it will try to finish this task and get this plugin working ;)

I think this its a must as I already tried to add another place on a map and as I'm not able to put the lat/long for that link id (I put all the address), the marker its not showing on the map, so the only markers showing on the maps are the ones I was able to put lat/long on the previous plugin version. Will check into this once I finish the update im working with.
Quote Reply
Hi,

To make them show up, check out the documentation in the GoogleMap plugin - and look at what goes into detailed.html. This auto-inserts the long/lat/address values for you, but only once the detailed page is built (for static sites), or accessed via mod_rewrite/page.cgi

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I think the table we need to have access to make the proper adjustments its: lsql_GoogleMaps, that was the table I was refering before. I'll think about how to make this thing possible.

Thanks Andy! ;)
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

One question... Do u think its possible to install again the Google Map plugin without affectin what you did on the GoogleMapByCat plugin? As that's the plugin who has access to the lsql_GoogleMaps table in order to put those values (lat/long) per each site.

Thanks,

Jesus
Quote Reply
Hi,

Afraid not - I'll see if I can come up with something for you, so you can manually add the values in (not sure when I'll be able to do that - either later today, or maybe later this week)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thank you Andy,

As those 2 values are extremely important as those are the ones who permit to display the mark on the category map. Thanks again,

Jesus
Quote Reply
Hi,

Is the attached image the kind of thing you are looking for ? (as a plugin option, in the admin area)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Yes, you're correct!

Jesus
Quote Reply
Ok, will see what I can come up with. In middle of another job atm though =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Version 1.6 is now available from the Members Area.

This also include the option that you have, where a marker image can be uploaded to a link (so you can simply upload the new version, install it - and it should work fine :))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thank you Andy!
Quote Reply
Hi,

I've just uploaded version 2.0 of this plugin. This includes several new features/changes, and a bug fix:

1) The way the links are "selected" is all now done in a single query - instead of loading all the links in the given category, and only showing validated/paid listings
2) You now have the option to show paid listings, or both
3) I've added a "cluster" feature, which will make the page load quicker when you have a lot of markers on your map. For example, if you have 50 markers, then it will show an "arrow", which will then in turn (when clicked), zoom in on the map, and show you all the listings in that marker).

You can see an example of the marker system here: http://googlemapsapi.martinpearman.co.uk/...aps_api.php?map_id=4

4) There was a little bug, which was showing the free listings as well (instead of just paid ones). This bug is now fixed up (and also as stated above, you can now decide if you wanna show paid listings only, or both)

The new version can be downloaded for GLinks 3.2 form the Members Area on our site.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thank you Andy, I'll install the update next week :)

Nice features btw ;)

Jesus
> >