Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
[FREE] InviteToSite
Hi,

Here's a little plugin I wrote, which lets your users recommend your site to their friends.

Its kinda like Recommend_It, but is aimed at recommending YOUR SITE, and not a link =)

I'll get it put up on our site soon - but thought I would just post it here for now.

Enjoy!

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [FREE] InviteToSite In reply to
User must be sign in to send invitation. Maybe this should be optional.

Also, you use <%Email%> and <%Name%> variables for values of fields of "To name", "To email", but when user login, this variables are populated with his information.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [DeadMan] [FREE] InviteToSite In reply to
Hi,

Quote:
User must be sign in to send invitation. Maybe this should be optional.

Mmm.. I may make this option.

Quote:
Also, you use <%Email%> and <%Name%> variables for values of fields of "To name", "To email", but when user login, this variables are populated with his information.

Yup, the values for the Users table (i.e the person who logged in, and sending the invite) are all prefixed with from_. For example, <%Name%> becomes <%from_Name%> Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Andy wrote:
Hi,

Quote:

Yup, the values for the Users table (i.e the person who logged in, and sending the invite) are all prefixed with from_. For example, <%Name%> becomes <%from_Name%> Smile

Cheers

But not in email (or form templates) which is send to person. All information in mail is from Users table (from user which is logged in).

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [DeadMan] [FREE] InviteToSite In reply to
Hi Andy,
I have the same problem. 'When I'm logged in, my own name and email is prefixed. So I'm sending the invitation to myself Unsure
I think my name and my email should only be in the from fields and not in the TO fields?

Thanks
Matthias

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] [FREE] InviteToSite In reply to
Hi,

The attached version now has the option to require / not require the user to be logged in.

It also uses the fields: To_Email, To_Name, From_Email and From_Name.

Enjoy =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,
now the plugin works perfect.

It's a bity, that the mails are filtered by many spamfilters :-(
I love spamfilters when I revieve my emails, hate spamfilters when I'm sending my emails

Thanks for this freebie
Matthias

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] [FREE] InviteToSite In reply to
Hi,

No problem.

Quote:
It's a bity, that the mails are filtered by many spamfilters :-(
I love spamfilters when I revieve my emails, hate spamfilters when I'm sending my emails

I know the feeling :(

I think some of it is down to the "headers" not being as complete as some mail systems want. If I knew a bit more about which headers need to be there, to NOT be classed as spam - I'd happily put it in (and also try and get it in my other plugins :P)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,
my information is, that the emails are filtered, cause the sender (logged in user) uses an emailadress, that is different from the domain name of the website.
The problem is solved, when the invite emails are sent by the admin email adress
but
then we have the problem when some unexperienced user are trying to answer...

Matthias

Matthias
gpaed.de