Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

PugDog : MyLinks_SQL & Recommend It Plugins

Quote Reply
PugDog : MyLinks_SQL & Recommend It Plugins
Hi Pugdog,

Today I tried to install MyLinks_SQL & Recommend It plugins on my Link SQL Version 2.1 but it keeps giving me Errors. Can you do me a favor and update your plugins ASAP? I have purchased 1 plugin from you in the past (Logo upload).

Regards,
PCMANIA
Quote Reply
Re: [pcmania] PugDog : MyLinks_SQL & Recommend It Plugins In reply to
Hi,

I posted a way to make those work with 2.1. It has to do with 2 or 3 lines changed in the header of the .cgi file.

I'll have updated versions up shortly.

The last thing that was occupying my time was resolved yesterday, and I should be _finally_ back to my pre-summer normal daily routine of checking here a few times a day, and working on my sites in the evenings.

Also, my servers have finally been straightened out, I think, and that will let me get back to having test sites set up for different things.

In addition, my old server is now in my den, and I'll be using that to run DMOZ.org locally, and develop ways of getting targeted dumps out of it. I may generate "DMOZ Packs" which contain specific targeted links, with an import script into Links SQL.

I have not been slacking off, at least planning wise, but I did have little time to be at the computer the past 6+ months.

As I bring my sites back on-line, I'll have 2.1 compatible release plugins available from the Links Plugin manager, and a site you can get to to find older versions on PUGDOCS.com. This week should see a lot of the upgrades hit the on-line.

Sorry about all the delays, but that which does not kill us, makes us stronger.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Isn't MyLinks_SQL mine Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] PugDog : MyLinks_SQL & Recommend It Plugins In reply to
Hi Pugdog,

Where can I find your instructions on how to make the changes? Is it in your website or is it here some where? I would appreciate it if you post the URL!

Thanks,
PCMANIAK
Quote Reply
Look down a few messages, or about a screen here in this forum. So far, just changing the 1 line in the header of the script to the 3 lines needed to 'init' the programs has done the deed.

I'm upgrading all the scripts as well, so they will use the new short .cgi form which loads a .pm file.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Damn,

I cant download my MyLinks plugin to upgrade it.

Did I miss a post about plugins or is there a problem Alex needs to know about?

....it just hangs.
Quote Reply
I've just installed MyLinks_SQL with LSQL 2.1.0 without any modifications and it worked as normal.

You get the error about can't call method param on an undefined value don't you?

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 9, 2002, 7:38 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] PugDog : MyLinks_SQL & Recommend It Plugins In reply to
Hi RedRum,

I did the modifications that Pogdog mentioned above and it works like a charm now!

Thanks,

PCMANIA