Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Features - Ace_PPC?
I've just started work on a new version of Ace_PPC. What kind of features would you guys be looking for?

Please note, this is a CATEGORY PPC system, and not a 'search' one, which GT's PPC system does (thus the price difference).

Please throw your ideas at me, and I'll let you know how practicle it is to add it in :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Features - Ace_PPC? In reply to
Well, thanks to those of you who did get in contact with me via email... the thread wasn't exactly busy Tongue

Anyway, I'm pretty much done now on this. Still writing up the Readme, which is the most annoying task... but I have the plugin finished off. There are way to many features to list at the moment. I have a live demo here;

http://www.findasearchengine.com/...al/Europe/index.html

This site is running with mod_rewrite, which means that its running with page.cgi (i.e its made in real time). The 'sponsor' link is worked out by the bid they placed on the link.

It also has the ability to do Google AdWord style PPC listings for your "link" ... for example;

http://www.findasearchengine.com/...ery=uk search engine

... note the AdWord style box at the top right, just below the logo.

This basically lets people place bids for their link, which is associated with keywords, and shown like a Google AdWords Advert :)

This is a live site though, so please be careful with it Wink

The user area is quite cool too... realtime PayPal IPN payments, update your bids in real time, add keywords, view all of your bidded links in one area, and more.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Preliminary tests indicate that the Authorize.net payment module for Ace_PPC all seems to be working great :)

This is a feature I have wanted to add in for *ages*, but I've never had the time/patience to look into it. Thanks Pugdog for 'forcing' me to read the docs, and get up to scratch on it Smile

I'll post more tomorrow, and I'll hopefully be adding in WorldPay payment options too (they won't be run in real time though I'm afraid, as I don't think they support it, and I also don't have a way to test the code/find out codes to use from the members area).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
This new version now support;

PayPal
WorldPay
Authorize.net (realtime, on your site).

I've just finished writing up the documentation for this plugin... and there is quite a lot of it (one of the more boring tasks). I've tried to make it as detailed as possible, as there are a *LOT* of cool features in this plugin, which could be missed if you don't read the documentation.

Anyway, its in beta now (I've sent a copy to a few select people, so they can test it), and I'm hoping to have the bug reports in tomorrow, so I can start fixing them up. If all goes well, then I could have a release version within the next couple of days :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Ace_PPC v2.4.1 In reply to
I've just updated Ace_PPC to work on LinksSQL 2.2. Its new features are;

1) Couple of small bugs fixed up (error in one of the tags; slight documentation fix, where it was missing a tag)
2) 2Checkout is now supported. PLEASE NOTE: 2Checkout are not the best company to use for payments if you are going to be selling products on more than one system. The reason being, that you can only specify one "success" URL, which needs to be ppc_2checkout.cgi. If you have it set correctly to this, then the other "Payment" part of LinksSQL will not work on 2Checkout at the same time. You can get around this by using one payment processor for Ace_PPC, and then, for example, WorldPay or PayPal for your link submission payments.

If you have any questions about the new version, please don't hesitate to ask me (via email/PM/this thread).

For those who already own our "ULTRA Package" or "Ace_PPC", then the new version is available from our Members Area (please see link in my signature).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Ace_PPC v2.4.2 In reply to
Version 2.4.2 is now available in LinksSQL 2.2.0+ format.

This fixes up a couple of bugs;

1) Repeated clicking was still taking credit if pressed several times in a row. Turned out to be a cookie issue.
2) ppc_2checkout has been fixed up due to a problem whereas you could repeatedly refresh the success page, and it would add your credit over-and-over again.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Ace_PPC v2.4.2 In reply to
2.4.3 is now available from the download area.

This fixes up a bug, whereas records were being called, even after a link was deleted (and thus nothing could be found, as the link doesn't exist).

For those of you who are using this plugin already; you can simply replace the Ace_PPC.pm file in the .tar, and upload it to /admin/Plugins/, and that should fix the problems.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk