Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
EasyFavorites
Hi, I just made one more Plugin (my first) to store favorites. Maybe someone can use it. It is only one more table with Username ID and it shows a logged in user only his list of favorites. We use it for our shopping cart so there is no intension to make favorites visible for other users. Hope to come up with some improvements though...

The script is intended to be freeware but I ask anyone who uses the script to include a link to my site:

http://niko.oeppert.de/

Regards

Niko

Last edited by:

el noe: Aug 24, 2003, 11:11 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [el noe] EasyFavorites In reply to
Sorry, had to change the template...should be fine now.
Quote Reply
Nice work. I do have a question. If a user is not logged in, favorites.cgi will generate a internal server error with clicked. It there any for it to state the you must be a user to make a favorites list?
Quote Reply
Re: [texhost] EasyFavorites In reply to
Hmm, there should be no error but you should be redirected to the login page. Do you have any more informatione? There is a plugin which is cookie based in the download area, I think that should work for your purpose if you want to offer favorites to non-registered users. We use it for our shopping cart and it is a service only for registered users...but it seems not to be much work to add the stored in a cookie feature.

Regards

Niko
Quote Reply
>>>but it seems not to be much work to add the stored in a cookie feature. <<<

You would think Tongue

Trust me.. its probably easier to use a MySQL storing method, than trying to write a cookie based one. The 'MyFaves' plugin I wrote, took about 2 weeks to develop... most of it down to cookie problems Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] EasyFavorites In reply to
Angelic Sorry its easy said and maybe hard to be done Smile ...

Regards

Niko
Quote Reply
Ron just informed me, that there is not too much info about how to use the script, I am going to update that next time. To use Easy favorites:

You should add a
<%db_cgi_url%>/favorites.cgi?ACTION=add&ID=<%ID%> link somewhere
for every link, so most likely in links.html or detailed.html and a
<%db_cgi_url%>/favorites.cgi link to view the favorites.'
Quote Reply
Would help if you got rid of the 'return' after the !$USER bit too. A recent user had a problem with it causing a 500 ISE ;)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] EasyFavorites In reply to
Andy-

What should be deleted here
Code:
if (!$USER) {print $IN->redirect( Links::redirect_login_url);return;}
Quote Reply
Re: [texhost] EasyFavorites In reply to
Here (red);

Code:
if (!$USER) {print $IN->redirect( Links::redirect_login_url);return;}

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk