Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

DMOZ_Wizard plugin-any advice?

Quote Reply
DMOZ_Wizard plugin-any advice?
Hi,

i bought dmoz_wizard plug in. i get these lines.

------------------------------------

* Blanked out dmoz_cron.cgi
* Backed up current database before doing anything else...
* Wrote sliceing up codes for appropriate categories:

/Computers/Internet/Web_Design_and_Development/Authoring/Webmaster_Resources/Affiliate_Programs/Affiliate_Networks
/Computers/Internet/Web_Design_and_Development/Authoring/Webmaster_Resources/Affiliate_Programs/Per_Sale_Programs

Script has been setup to run. All you need to do now, is log in via Telnet/SSH, and type; cd /home/webmaste/public_html/cgi-bin/resources/admin perl dmoz_cron.cgi > log.txt &

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when i run this command in SSH, i am not getting anything. just going to bash command again.

Any help?

thanks,

rr
Quote Reply
Re: [rr] DMOZ_Wizard plugin-any advice? In reply to
Yes this is because the '&' character at the end puts the command on background and actual output is written to log.txt
when you run the script.

To see the command output type:

less log.txt - to see complete log.txt
or
tail -f log.txt - to see actual output from the script

zaaron

---------
GetLokal Reviews

Last edited by:

zaaron: Oct 8, 2003, 3:40 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [zaaron] DMOZ_Wizard plugin-any advice? In reply to
Thanks.

But when i used this:

--------------------

cd /home/webmaste/public_html/cgi-bin/resources/admin perl dmoz_cron.cgi > tail -f log.txt

---------------------

still i am going to command line. No output.

What does 'Blanked out dmoz_cron.cgi' means? is there any problem with dmoz_cron.cgi?

rr
Quote Reply
Blanked out dmoz_cron.cgi means that it cleaned out the old dmoz_cron.cgi file, and has written the new data into it.

>>>cd /home/webmaste/public_html/cgi-bin/resources/admin perl dmoz_cron.cgi > tail -f log.txt <<<

Try this, with the <enter> being a literal...i.e actually press your enter button.

Quote:
cd /home/webmaste/public_html/cgi-bin/resources/admin <enter>
perl dmoz_cron.cgi > log.txt & <enter>
tail -f log.txt <enter>

Regarding your other question, I am working on a fix for this. Basically you will now be able to define the destination category, which basically means you can decide which category the imported data goes into. Should have something in a couple of hours.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] DMOZ_Wizard plugin-any advice? In reply to
How to import to a specific subcategory instead of the downloading entire categories?

EXAMPLE: How to extract links in Computers/Internet/Web_Design_and_Development/Authoring/Webmaster_Resources/Affiliate_Programs/Per_Sale_Programs to mydomain.com/affiliate_programs/pay_per_sale category?

rr
Quote Reply
I'm working on this feature today. It will basically allow you to decide what category these links should go in, or even just at root level of the site.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!