Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Creating .def file...
I've just created a new table in my Links SQL database. Its called lsql_News. The problem with it, is that the lsql_News.def file was not created in the /admin/defs/ folder.

Is there an easy way to get LSQL to create this, or do I need to do this manually? I tried doing a .def re-sync, but that only seems to work for the category and links table.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Creating .def file... In reply to
If you created it using $DB->creator then a def file would have been created =)
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Creating .def file... In reply to
Yeah, but I didn't Wink ts a one off creation...because backups of it will be stored....so I did't bother making it into a plugin (only gonna be used on this one client). I'm just wondering if there was a way to re-sync it, or do I need to create the file manually?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Creating .def file... In reply to
Usually, I copy a similar def file over, click the edit Links table properties, open it in a new window to see the url, change the table name in the url to the table I'm trying to update, then load it. Hit resync and it should rewrite the def file.

One of those really useful things I had written before my crash, was a half-plugin (manually installed) which from the admin just let me enter a table name, and it called the routine that updated/created the def file for that table. I think the call is $table->save_schema();

Creating/updating the def files is one of the more irritating things in Links.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Creating .def file... In reply to
Yeah..I thought it would be something like copying over the codes from a file. I did that, and it all seems to work ok now :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk