Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[ NEW PLUGIN ] Members_Acces

Quote Reply
[ NEW PLUGIN ] Members_Acces
Yeah, I know I should take a break from work every now and then, but here is another plugin :) (I have been working on this for a while, but I just decided to finish it off today, and get it released).

Basically, this plugin will allow you to restrict certain parts of your LinksSQL installation, to members only. A full description, demo URL's, etc, can be found here;

http://www.ultranerds.com/cgi-bin/details/80.html

The basic blurb on this plugin is; (taken from the detailed page above);

Quote:
This plugin will enable you to restrict access to particular categories on your site to "members only", as well as the following;

Detailed pages
Ratings Pages
Cool Pages
New Pages
Other pages, pass in via page.cgi?p=test
Each of these sections can be turned on/off with ease, in the plugins settings.

This plugin is also mod_rewrite compatible, so you can set it up with static pages, whilst still running in dynamic mode (and thus being able to check if a user is logged in, and restricting the page access)

Existing ULTRA Package members will be able to download this now from the members area (http://www.ultranerds.com/).

Enjoy!

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [ NEW PLUGIN ] Members_Acces In reply to
Andy,
Got a question relating to this plugin...
What I want to do is to have detailed pages in only one directory restricted. Both validated users and visitors can view all other detailed pages, but only certain validated users in a group, not all validated users can access the restricted detailed pages...

</not a clue>
Quote Reply
Re: [Dinky] [ NEW PLUGIN ] Members_Acces In reply to
Hi,

When you say one directory, do you mean one "category"? Wink

The plugin itself is pretty versatile, and shouldn't take much to hack it so that it does what you want :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Roger that,
Limit access to one category, with the links in the category restricted by linkowner of "restricted"... or something like that...

</not a clue>
Quote Reply
I don't see why that wouldn't be possible.

Simply set Restricted_Category to "Yes" for the main category you want to restrict (all sub-cats should then also be blocked).

I didn't realise how many cool features I actually put into this plugin <G>

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Almost there,
Need to be able to view the categories with the link titles and the short description, but need to have the detailed page restricted once they click on the link...

</not a clue>
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

Does this work with GT Community installed ?

Thanks, John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] [ NEW PLUGIN ] Members_Acces In reply to
should - only affects linkssql and whatever you decide to protect. If the question is can it protect outside of links then I dunno.
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] [ NEW PLUGIN ] Members_Acces In reply to
In Reply To:
Does this work with GT Community installed ?

It should do. It just hooks in on the page.cgi call, and checks to see what function is being called. Best way to find out, is just to give it a go :) (do you own it already?)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Need to be able to view the categories with the link titles and the short description, but need to have the detailed page restricted once they click on the link...

Ah, I see. In that case, I don't see why it couldn't be modified to do that. Shoot me an email if you want, and I'll send some code you're way =) (can't really post it here, as its not free code :().

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Can you send it to my email on my UltraNerds account USERID 'jones'

BTW, been working with the plugins from the Ultra Package, and if anyone else out there is thinking about buying it... Go on and make that move, well worth it...
Smile

</not a clue>
Quote Reply
Decided it would just be easier to send you a PM <G>

Quote:
BTW, been working with the plugins from the Ultra Package, and if anyone else out there is thinking about buying it... Go on and make that move, well worth it...

Thanks Cool

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk