Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[NEW PLUGIN] SponsorText v1

Quote Reply
[NEW PLUGIN] SponsorText v1
Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the release of my latest plugin, SponsorText. This plugin basically lets you replace keywords in the "Description" field of your links, and replace them with affiliate links, or even your own sites links.

More details can be found here: http://www.ultranerds.com/...on/SponsorText_L272/

The price is $40 - but if used properly, this should earn you much more than that back =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [NEW PLUGIN] SponsorText v1 In reply to
Hi Andy,

It is possible to give a title and to indicate if the link is of type _blank or _parent (...) to each link ?

Thanks,

Mick

Quote Reply
Re: [MJ_] [NEW PLUGIN] SponsorText v1 In reply to
Hi,

Whoops, I forgot to put that into the admin functions. The new version now has this :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [MJ_] [NEW PLUGIN] SponsorText v1 In reply to
Hi,

Version 1.1 can now be downloaded from our Members Area. This has a couple more options:

1) The "target" is just a SELECT option now (instead of having to type in manually ;))
2) You can set a title="" text for the links - which can help with SEO, or even just to add some more blurb to the link, to entice people =))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

Im glad you built it into a plugin. I think this will work for a lot of people.
Ill have to wait to check it out when I upgrade to pro. :)

Now, for version 2...
This comes from some sites that Ive seen this.
On mouse-over or click, I get a hmmm not a popup but some kind of bubble with info.
What if Im talking about a movie, the title gets linked (great) but what if when you click or mouse over, you can dsiplay the link/javascript and actually display the movie info or price from amazon.

JC
Quote Reply
Re: [Gorospe] [NEW PLUGIN] SponsorText v1 In reply to
Hi,

Yeah, thats getting quite a bit more complex - as its gonna be pretty much a whole advertising system. I know what kinda system you are on about - but its not a simple thing to impliment =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

Although version 1.1 worked fine with normal a-z charachter, if the word happened to start with a foreign charachter (i.e accented e), then it would fail to match - as \b doesn't accept them as a boundry.

I've now released version 1.2, which should resolve this issue :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy,

To show the info. as suggested above, I think the easiest way to do that is to create another field in the plugin for "description" and a brief description is added per each link. When the link shows and you point the cursor the mouseover shows the description.

Thanks

Last edited by:

socrates: Nov 5, 2008, 8:04 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] [NEW PLUGIN] SponsorText v1 In reply to
Hi,

Indded - I just won't have time to do it just yet =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk