Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[NEW PLUGIN] PageCreator v1

Quote Reply
[NEW PLUGIN] PageCreator v1
Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the release of PageCreator.

Price: $60
Details: http://www.ultranerds.com/...on/PageCreator_L218/

NB: This plugin is part of both the ULTRA Package, and ULTRA Package PRO.

Plugin Description

This plugin lets you create either static or dynamic pages, based on your custom requirements. For example, if you want a page called "My Big Test", and a new file built at http://www.yoursite.com/test.html - then you could easily do this with this plugin. It gives you the full power of the GLinks template system too! If you only want to show the page dynamically (via page.cgi?page=xxxx) , then you can even set who has access to view the page!

For those of you who are more daring / ambitious, you can even set up "conditions" for Category and Link types. For example, if I wanted to extract the links from Category ID 1234, I would enter Page_Condition => 1234 - and this would then extract the links, and show them in the custom template for you.

You can even do more advanced stuff with the Advanced_Condition field. For example:

Title--LIKE--test
isNew--=--Yes

..would get links that have "test" in their title, and are set as isNew => Yes.

Plugin Requirements
  • Gossamer Links 3.0.4+

Features

• Lets you create new static pages , based on a custom template (can also be run dynamically, via page.cgi?page=xxx)
  • Lets you create custom "category pages", based on the criteria you want.
  • Has 3 page types: Simple / Links / Category
  • Simple to use admin interface - with built in instructions so you know what means what =)
  • Build function, which can also be setup via cronjob - to run whenever you want.
  • Function for viewing pages, linking directly to these features: delete / modify / template
Sample Screen Shot:

Please see this page: http://www.ultranerds.com/Products/Plugins/Links_SQL_Plugins/Paid_Plugins/3_x_Version/PageCreator_L218/

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

Andy: Dec 19, 2007, 1:00 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [NEW PLUGIN] PageCreator v1 In reply to
Hi,

There was a bug in the uploaded version (somehow, the .pm file was corrupt - and cut off part way through).

I've fixed it now, and re-uploaded. Please let me know if anyone has any problems :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi Andy:

I've given this a go, but it lacks (at this stage), some of the power of PageBuilder (unless I am missing something).

For example, PB on a 'link' type page will build a separate page for every link. You can also use globals in the filename to give each page a unique filename (rather than just the filename of the link). By way of example:-

Special Condition: isTop > 0

Filename: topten-<%isTop%>.shtml

This then gives me an individual page for each of my Top Ten listings, names them according to their rankings etc.

As PB is no longer maintained is there a way of incoporating this type of functionality into PageCreator (I do appreciate it is at v.1)?

Also one of the key requests of PageBuilder was the ability to span pages (in conjunction with the Special Condition). Are you considering this type of functionality?

Just a few initial thoughts ....

All the best,

Clint
--------------------------
http://AffiliatesDirectory.com
The Affiliate Programs Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [Clint] [NEW PLUGIN] PageCreator v1 In reply to
Quote:
Also one of the key requests of PageBuilder was the ability to span pages

Yes, I agree this is a requirement- hadn't got that far in testing yet.
Also needs (if not already included) the breadcrumb at the top of each page.
Quote Reply
Re: [Clint] [NEW PLUGIN] PageCreator v1 In reply to
Hi,

Quote:
As PB is no longer maintained is there a way of incoporating this type of functionality into PageCreator (I do appreciate it is at v.1)?

I'll have a go =) As you say, its only version 1, so adding all the features of PB into this plugin was an impossible feat for the first version (it was hard enough getting the features it has at the moment, as that took 3 days of solid coding =))

Quote:
Also one of the key requests of PageBuilder was the ability to span pages (in conjunction with the Special Condition). Are you considering this type of functionality?

Yup, I'm going to be adding that in.

Quote:
For example, PB on a 'link' type page will build a separate page for every link. You can also use globals in the filename to give each page a unique filename (rather than just the filename of the link). By way of example:-

Special Condition: isTop > 0

Filename: topten-<%isTop%>.shtml

I didn't even realize that was a function of PageBuilder. I'll see what I can do (shouldn't be too hard).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] [NEW PLUGIN] PageCreator v1 In reply to
Alba wrote:
Also needs (if not already included) the breadcrumb at the top of each page.

You should have this already - with:

Code:
<div><%loop toolbar%><%val%> <%unless islast%>:<%endunless%><%endloop%></div>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote:
it was hard enough getting the features it has at the moment, as that took 3 days of solid coding =)

Wow, a whole three days?....here's an idea....why not delay releasing it for a few more days to add the extra features?
Quote Reply
Re: [Wychwood] [NEW PLUGIN] PageCreator v1 In reply to
Wychwood wrote:
Wow, a whole three days?....here's an idea....why not delay releasing it for a few more days to add the extra features?

Hi Wychwood, why do you not release better plugins than Andy Wink

By the way, Andy wrote in an other thread, that the page creator plugin is an experiment and he does not know, if he is on the right way. No one forces you to use the page creator plugin!

I prefer beta versions, where users are involved and can tell own ideas.
That's better than software versions, where I have to wait a long time for the next update (look at gforum 2.0.)

Matthias

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] [NEW PLUGIN] PageCreator v1 In reply to
Create a page that displays all links in the database with the condition:
isNew--=>--Yes

I've been trying to do this, have you any advice on how to write the page? I'm talking about 5-10 links available to display but don't want to limit them to a certain category.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Hi,

Sorry about that was a bug. Should be fixed in version 1.1, from the Members Area now Smile

Please try again now Set it up as:

Type: Category
Page Title: whatever
Page name: whatever

Build static/dynamic - up to you =)

Build Filename: (only set if you've decided to make a static version of this page)

Advanced Category Page Condition: (only for category type pages): isNew--=>--Yes

Please let me know how that works :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Still not giving any results. Showing the following printed at the top of the built page:
Quote:
query:SELECT * FROM lsql_Links WHERE (isNew = ?) ORDER BY Add_Date DESC,Title

(I'm using dynamic mode)
Quote Reply
Mmm.. can you send over FTP access, so I can take a look?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply

my fault- error in template.

Quote:

I need to remove the query:SELECT * FROM scot_Links WHERE (isNews = ?) ORDER BY Add_Date DESC,Title

from the top of the page though, how do I do that?
Skip to Content

Quote Reply
Hi,

Must have left that in by accident =)

Open /admin/Plugins/PageCreator.pm, and find:

Code:
print qq|query:| .$sth->query;

Just delete that line :)

I'll get that fixed in the release version :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thanks, will delete that line & also email you ftp so you can take a look at what I was doing with the template... might be useful to you.
Quote Reply
Alba wrote:
Thanks, will delete that line & also email you ftp so you can take a look at what I was doing with the template... might be useful to you.

Hi,

So is it working, or still not working now?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
sorry... working properly now.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Alba wrote:
sorry... working properly now.

Thanks

Cool Cool

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

I've just released version 1.3. There was a bug (amazed its never been picked up before) ... where if you had a page set to ONLY be built statically (and not dynamically), then you got an error message.

This new version is available from the Members Area now.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk